1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do You Use Gas from Costco?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Rakso, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Mar 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    bought some this morning..4.21 for reg

2. Mar 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Yep, religiously.

Always around 15 cents cheaper, then consider the Amex 5% rebate on every purchase. Do this over several years to realize your economy of scale.

I go in the morning on the way to work (or early on the weekend) to avoid lines. Maybe have to wait for 1 car.

Truck runs great on 87.

It is convenient and economical for me.

3. Mar 14, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I've began going to Costco for gas regularly. Always at least 10c a GAL cheaper, so it saves me around $1.50-2.50 a fill up(weekly). Definitely worth it to me, and my truck runs as good or better on their gas than quickstop, Arco, etc.

4. Mar 14, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    I think the gas that they get varies from place to place, but one morning, I saw the tank-refilling truck leave costco's parking lot, drive a mile and a half up the road, and pull into a chevron... I found this quite interesting and thought that maybe it was just some weird coincidence, but there's a few times that I've seen this happen.

Also, having used to work for an engineering firm that specialized in process piping, I've had (and heard) plenty of experience with this - whatever refilling company stops at a non-branded (or non-premium brand) station to fill up the storage tanks and then continues up the road to drop off more gas at a branded station.

I've used Costco gas a few times, but there's typically a line and only about 10¢ savings, thus not making worthwhile. Fred Meyer/QFC fuel rewards program gets me that 10¢ savings and I can get it from a Shell station (which may or may not be the same gas - but I dont' have to deal with the line).

On another note, when gas get ups as high as it is for me now - ~$4 a gallon right now - I head over and get some non-ethanol premium.... I paid $4.53 the other day, and that's only about 20¢ more than any other premium around me.

5. Mar 14, 2012 at 1:22 PM
    staticprotocol13

staticprotocol13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    SFV, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    Costco in Northridge, CA normally quiet in the morning. And it's cheaper than other gas stations.

I read an article once before that in CA, gas stations are being monitored by the government so all the gas here should be "good enough" for our vehicles.

6. Mar 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    I guess I'll try it one day. If I have the time and patience to wait in line.

7. Mar 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    kimo

kimo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Knuckle Head
    Kauai
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White TRD Sport DCLB 4X4!
    I do if I am in the area, often go to safeway and sometimes get .30 off ea gal.

8. Mar 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    Deathbeard

Deathbeard Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Regular cab
    Camburg Spindles, Camburg 1.25" UCA, All pro expedition rear 3" leaf, 5100 all around, 17x9 raceleline renegade 6, 33's

it's all the same crap boss

9. Mar 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Not true. Premium brands have pretty marketing and logos that add to their expense...so your gas is prettier. And some of it has nitrogen! I mean, where else can you get nitrogen!?!?! I'd pay extra for that! And you can buy overpriced junk food at their C-stores, too! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top