1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cop FREAK'S out when guy denies him to search his car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RJALLDAY702, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Mar 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 [OP] U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpeFFcXx6Go&feature=youtu.be

Discuss!

Aren't cops not allowed to ask if you've been arrested, BEFORE they run your driver's licence and what not? Not incriminating yourself?

Notice he says "Im gunna cut you loose on the speeding (THE REASON HE GOT PULLED OVER) BUT can I search your vehicle?

This guy did everything right, Probably why the cop took it like a bitch.

This dude needs a fucking vacation.

2. Mar 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Seen it. I showed it to my criminal justice teacher, who is a cop. Said the guy was probably just having a real shitty day.

3. Mar 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    :eek:

:rofl:

everyone has a bad day from time to time - I'm just glad we don't have cameras at my work :D

4. Mar 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    wow! haha did not expect that! ROID RAGEEE

5. Mar 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    They can ask you anything they want- You don't have to answer.
    And yeah...That cop needs some time off and some counseling.

6. Mar 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 [OP] U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    Shitty day or not.. WTF is that?

7. Mar 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Cops are allowed to ask you anything they want.

You are not legally obligated to answer.

However, sticking up for your rights might mean the difference between a warning and quick, pleasant experience.... a 45 minute delay... or a trip to the station on bullshit charges, $1000 out of your bank to a bondsman (which you don't get back if charges are dropped) and a $500 towing bill.

Those are your extremes. Reality will be somewhere in between.

8. Mar 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It's the same stuff that happened with that airline service lady last week and it's not nearly as bad as some of the doctors/lawyers/service personnel who have taken advantage of or injured people placed in their care.

Sad part about this is-Videos of cops doing good things don't get released because no one takes an interest in getting that message out- but one cop effs something up and it gets posted 18 ways to Sunday.

9. Mar 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    In my state you can get your own tow truck or a friend can pick it up as long as the car is cleared from the roadway in a timely manner.

If I was the officer I would of asked to search first. Then if he said no I would of given him a ticket and called in the dog (I'm a dick). :D

X2

10. Mar 18, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    Sad thing is this cop probably wont get reprimanded for this and will continue to a be a freaking jerk, bad day or not this cop is a dueche !

11. Mar 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    Did the cop take off without giving the guy back license? The guy asked for his license, the cop replied by calling him a cock-sucker, then peeled out of the lot? I would be stunned if that happened to me. I imagine it is usually pissed-off motorists who are recieving 'cash-grabbing' tickets that are calling out cock-sucker...

12. Mar 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    Phuket

Phuket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    03 4X4 TRD
    Eibach/Toytec coils, bilstein 5100's all around, Kenwood DNX7100 Navigation
    the cop didn't even give him a ticket... he let him go but got pissed because the driver wouldn't let him search the car. Guy cussed at instead of a ticket = cop is douche??? The cop could have gave him a ticket AND cussed at him haha

13. Mar 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    TRDBeast

TRDBeast Boogie Man Kryptonite

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Coconut Creek, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Crew Cab TRD
    Brute Force front armor with 30" rigid and dual 4" quad rigid fogs OME suspension 3" lift with Dakar leaf pack and ToyTec body lift for total 4.25 LR UCA's 9000 sport Nitro Charger shocks 885X Coils AFE Pro Dry CAI 18" Rockstars Alpine DDIN systemw/Nav, Bluetooth and DVD 2 12's Infinity Kappa's in doors and Alpine 6.5 X 9 in front and back and 2 Alpine Zeus amps rear 2 Rockford Fosgate amps front NFab running boards Dyno tuned FXRs w/ 3" Projectors and Halos retrofit w/ Apollo shrouds and 5000k HID 55W Debadged Wet Okole skins HomerTaco Satoshi grill Elusive Elements light support with 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill Powder coated tool box TRD gear shift Andres Devil Horns TREX eyelids Body Armor rear bumper 15% Tint "ZOMBIE" light switches Custom gun concealer in dash One-piece aluminum drive shaft LED interior light swap
    i wonder if he ever got his license back? lol

14. Mar 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    Wow! The only time I've ever seen someone flip like that is my bi-polar sister when she's refusing to take her meds. Sweet as candy one minute, physically/verbally abusive the next. I wouldn't be surprised if that guy needs more than a day off. Perhaps a psych evaluation is in order? Maybe he just had a bad day, or maybe he's got some other issues. Couldn't hurt to check into it.

True. But that's every job, isn't it? Granted my screw-ups don't get posted on YouTube, but then I'm not paid via tax money nor do I have a video camera at my desk. That said, when I do my job, everyone pretty much ignores me. When I eff it up I get some attention. When you're paid with public money, your bad days are a lot more likely to be made public.

Also... this is cruiser camera footage. It's not like those guys who record police encounters on their iPhone specifically to post it to YouTube. His boss or someone in the department released it, I would guess? Not sure how much of this is public record. And there are entire TV series- COPS, World's Dumbest, and a slew of other police footage shows- that show police doing exactly what they should do. The narration is even scripted to give police the benefit of the doubt in most cases. There are lots of opportunities to see police doing what they should do.

I got to watch a couple Park Rangers in a national park arrest 3 kids today. It was funny, kids had pot in their truck and were dumb enough to smoke it in plain sight. Geez. There's no help for stupid.

15. Mar 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra

Good point

Unfortunately, the stresses of this job overtakes some people sometimes...and it's sad to see when a person granted a position of authority use it like this...but it happens

There's a possibility that the driver also filed a complaint at the dept...or went to the news, and many times departments will release footage if the news presses hard enough

My department frowns upon anyone from here putting things on the internet in relation to job related stuff...a couple years ago an officer got called into the boss man's office because a video of his chase had made it onto youtube...and lo and behold...the defendant had posted it trying to garner support...he tried suing for false arrest/bad stop etc etc...and when it all was settled...my dept was cleared of everything

point being...during court proceedings, video of a traffic stop is considered evidence and must be turned over to the defense before court...and it could be that the driver got his hands on it and posted it

16. Mar 18, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    just think of the chit we DON'T see on camera

17. Mar 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    Apparantly, this video and at least one other on YouTube are just jokes. The cop in question posted on his Facebook page for his friends to see but the video was then downloaded and reposted on YouTube. However, it was in bad taste and reflects poorly on himself, his department and his profession. I hope that this "joker's" supervisors had some words with him.

Edit:

http://westvirginia.watchdog.org/3386/watchblog-police-need-watching-too/

18. Mar 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    Tacolover443

Tacolover443 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Haverford, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OR DCSB BSP
    Satoshi, color match grill, 2 Hella 500ff's, rear TSB, yellow "Taco", OEM all-weather floor mats, OEM TRD seat covers, Ultra-Gauge, bed linered rear bumper, Plasti-dipped rims, DuraTrac's,
    :eek::eek:

I would be like, wtf just happened if I was the dude that got pulled over. Must have just had a bad day.

19. Mar 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    refusing a search is not probable cause for cops to call the dogs. If they do it anyway you should be able to win the battle in court, even if the dog found a roach under the seat from 3 years ago.

Guys never consent to a search. Even if you have nothing to hide. The police are not trying to help you in any situation. Their job is to collect evidence to convict you in court. Do not talk to them. The only thing you should say to a cop is, "officer am I being detained or am I free to go?" If you're being detained you need to think about a lawyer, not try to talk your way out of it with the officer. If you're free to go walk away and don't be an asshat.

20. Mar 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    Bodz

Bodz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD 4x4 DCLB
    3" lift, Xd Spy wheels, 265/70/17 Michelins, skid pan, fog lights tint, Flyzeye LED lights, ADVMonster LED lights, tri-fold tonneau, box divider........will it ever end? LOL
    This was nothing more than 2 cops making prank videos? OMG

Cops will always be held to a higher standard that most other people however I think most of us forget sometimes that, in the end, they're just people like you and I. If you and I had been exposed to as much abuse, violence, stress and scrutiny as they routinely are, I wonder how many of us could still maintain a professional attitude at ALL times over periods of many many years.

One only has to look to countries in Africa or many other parts of world to see what REAL corruption is and see what it would be like if it weren't for the men & women who protect our streets as best they can.

Funny thing is that criminals, who have no regard for the rights of others, are the very first to complain about how their rights are violated by the police yet it's the very fact that police exist that keeps the otherwise honest citizen from taking the law into their own hands and doing away with these parasites of society.

Products Discussed in

To Top