Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Who has a John Deere lawn mower/tractor?

Old 03-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
Who has a John Deere lawn mower/tractor?

In the market for a new lawn tractor. I have an older 100 series that I inherited from my inlaws, but it's on the fritz and thinking about getting a newer, bigger one.

Any suggestions? I figured I would stick with a John Deere as my wife would probably never even notice if I replaced the old one with a new one. A different brand/color scheme would definitely get noticed real quick

I only have a one acre property, but I do haul alot of wood and stuff with a medium sized loader on the back. I think it is 17 cu ft. or so.

Thanks for any advice/pictures.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Well this may be a little big for 1 acre but this is the latest addition to the farm. It's a JD 3720 with Hydrostatic drive 3-cylinder diesel, 4x4, A/C and heater, radio, air ride seat, and the lawn mower attachment that you run over the deck and it picks it up not sure what it's called.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

not to mention i think my wife would notice the "upgrade"
Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to consider Kubota also. I've always used them at home and landscaping, they're tough, solid tractors.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have any pictures of it, but we have a 1997 LX176 riding mower, its served us well and mowed lots, and I mean LOTS of grass! We have a 2 acre yard.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I like John Deere, but keep in mind that most of the lawn tractors are sharing the same parts - they are just painted different colors. On the small ones the engines are not John Deere either (Briggs & Stratton, Kohler, Honda etc.) The cheaper ones are usually B&S, and then as you go up the line the Kohler and Hondas are better quality. So, long story to say that check out the different engines along with just the body color. That being said, I have a John Deere with a B&S that is 12 years old, and it still runs like new.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Hold a sec. Gonna take a pic of my lawn and my tractor. I have about a. 75 of an acre. When the pics come up i will post them for you.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #10

Superx2's Tacoma Gallery

this is my tractor and my yard. well i mow the upper right hand (the city's prop.) but i enjoy doing it...it looks better.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #11

thx for the pics and suggestions. will visit the dealer this week and hopefully not run into sticker shock. i know these are not cheap machines.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #12

Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
thx for the pics and suggestions. will visit the dealer this week and hopefully not run into sticker shock. i know these are not cheap machines.
in all honesty, my father in law bought it for me as a house warming gift. think it was around 3500. and yeah i would go to a dealer and not lowes or home depot. or who ever sells them besides a JD dealer. good luck.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-John-De...#ht_796wt_1331
This is what I have, bought it about 9 years ago before Home Depot started selling their "cheap" models. Kohler 16hp. Never had any issues until the wife ran over a chunk of metal an broke a blade.