Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Christmas Eve a paid holiday?

View Poll Results: Is Christmas Eve as a paid holiday?
Yes 50 44.64%
No 62 55.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
lower management
trtripoli is on a distinguished road

trtripoli's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trtripoli
Christmas Eve a paid holiday?

My co-workers dropped a bomb on me today, and told me that our company doesn't give Christmas Eve off as a paid holiday. All my preivous companies gave this as a paid holiday. Needless to say I'm out of town and out of vacation/personal time, so I get a unpaid day of work. WTF!!

Does your work give Christmas Eve as a paid holiday?
Old 12-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
If we want to get paid for it we either have to work it or burn a vacation day.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
e-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud of

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
My company is giving the 24th off as a paid day but to take the long weekend, I need to burn a vacation day for Friday, the 26th.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Nope. I plan on leaving that day for New Orleans too. I will be taking an unpaid day off that day and my last three vacation days the next week.

Sorry, but at least you aren't alone in this basket case.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, me neither. I don't get Friday off either. SUCKS!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
You need to try to save a little vac. time for the end of the year. You just never know what will come up that last wek of the year. With the economy going to hell, companies aren't going to "bend the rules" a little like they have in the past.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
We work Christmas eve and the day after AND we have to burn a vacation day for the 25th. Same for all other holidays that don't fall on a weekend.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #10
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
If you work for the government; Bush just made 26 Dec a Federal Holiday.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #12
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

Marines: 0333-Accuracy by Volume
praetor's Tacoma Gallery
I am salaried so my guess would be yes, if I take it off.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 PM   #13
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Its not a paid holiday, but I told my guys to "go hide"... I didn't want to see them that day.
What do you do again, and how can I get a job working for you?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #14
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Shift worker here,it all depends on how the shift falls.If working,it's just another day pay-wise.....Christmas eve,Christmas day,Boxing day,New years eve,Day etc.We are given seven days off each year to compensate for working statutory holidays.We get to choose these days by seniority within selected periods or "picks".

Lucky this year,I get off duty on the morning of the 24th and am off until the 28th where I start another 4 day tour.It's just about unanimous with our people,Christmas eve is the worst time to be working,particularily when you have small kids.

Sorry you're getting the shaft this year.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #15
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Sr Engineer/manager for a large tech company.
Sounds like fun (especially if you are the boss).
Old 12-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
we get a paid half day and have to use personal/vacation time for the other half or take it unpaid
Old 12-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #17
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I've never gotten paid for it, but usually hammered so bad I don't remember.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #19
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
being unemployed i get paid same for it as if i took an unpaid day off i guess
Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #20
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
what are you guys bitching about, one unpaid day. We get NO paid holidays and NO paid vacation days. We want a day off work, we don't get paid. We have to take a day off work because it's a holiday- no pay. I guess we make it up in the end since we make so much hourly

IBEW #134