LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

I've Quit Smoking...

Old 12-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I've Quit Smoking...

Just finished my first week of Chantix and tomorrow is my quit day. I'm nervous as hell. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be pulling my hair out, etc. Anybody else in the process of quitting?
Old 12-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck man! You're probably gonna need it from what i hear! LOL
Old 12-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
good to hear you are on the right road man!!! last year............i quit, cold damn turkey, for around 8 months or so.............then eventually...i would only smoke while i had a few drinks...then all the crap that i went thru this past summer.....i started back again. its a nasty habit.........im planning on quitting again sooner or later. good luck with it man!!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i used chantix for about 2 months didnt work for me 3 weeks after i finished the meds i was back on the copenhagen. I swear its like a monkey on my back!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
i used chantix for about 2 months didnt work for me 3 weeks after i finished the meds i was back on the copenhagen. I swear its like a monkey on my back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
good to hear you are on the right road man!!! last year............i quit, cold damn turkey, for around 8 months or so.............then eventually...i would only smoke while i had a few drinks...then all the crap that i went thru this past summer.....i started back again. its a nasty habit.........im planning on quitting again sooner or later. good luck with it man!!
These are examples of what I'm afraid of... As soon as I get off Chantix, I'll start smoking again... and when I have a drink or seven, I'll have one and be addicted once again...

Tomorrow's going to suck, and I've braced myself for that (I think) -- but not the next day. I guess it's true "One day at a time."
Old 12-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
Just finished my first week of Chantix and tomorrow is my quit day. I'm nervous as hell. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be pulling my hair out, etc. Anybody else in the process of quitting?
I quit with chantix. That stuff was like some kind of miracle, but you still need a little self control.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I quit with chantix. That stuff was like some kind of miracle, but you still need a little self control.
yep.............definitely gotta have some self control.

if you are gonna drink........do just that. its hard as hell...but it can be done. there for a while.....i was on edge while i was drinking...about the frst couple of months....but after that, it wasnt bad at all.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:27 PM   #8
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wanting to try it. I think I can do it but alcohol is my biggest enemy. Good luck man.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
These are examples of what I'm afraid of... As soon as I get off Chantix, I'll start smoking again... and when I have a drink or seven, I'll have one and be addicted once again...

Tomorrow's going to suck, and I've braced myself for that (I think) -- but not the next day. I guess it's true "One day at a time."
I quit taking the chantix shortly after starting the 2nd month. I kept missing one of the 2 daily doses and figured screw it and quit taking them. It's been ok. I still want to smoke sometimes, but it's not overpowering or all consuming. It is manageable.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #10
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I quit a couple years ago and found myself driving to work with my head and fist hanging out the car window yelling "you have been driving for 300 years and you still don't know how to get on a damn highway!!!!" at a little old lady.

i smoke again. it's tough but i know of a lot of people that managed so it can be done.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
I am working on quitting dipping! But i was never really addicted. Just kinda did it for a month then quit then started again. But to help me I found a alternative. Tobacco free chew!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
I heard once you quit and go back to smoking its harder to quit the 2nd time
Old 12-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
I took chantix for 12 weeks and now I've been smoke free for 1yr 2 months. i smoked for the fist month and a half slowly reducing the amount. I tried to quit after the first seven days and that did not work to good so i kept at it. You still need to decide that you want to quit, once you do quiting is alot easier. I said i wanted to quit but i still wanted to smoke, once you can make that decision you will see how much better it is. I took it 1 1/2 months more after my last smoke just to make sure.

After 12 weeks i had to stop the chantix because of the dreams were to real. I would dream i was at work wake up exhausted, like i was there. then there were times i wasn't sleeping not to mention not being able to blow a load! Angry as hell with blue balls. All in all i'm glad i did it. Good luck !! hope you don't get all the side effects.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #14
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
on one hand, its good that youre trying to quit. on the other, no one likes a quitter.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #15
It's a MOD, MOD World
stevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to all

Army:
Name: Stevigee
stevigee's Tacoma Gallery
I smoked for almost 30 yrs. I quit 2 yrs ago with the help of the patch and cinnamon sticks.. other methods never worked. The patch weens you off over 2 mths. Yes, I still want one every now and than but, than I remember Im able to buy more parts for my Tacoma with the extra money Im saving. Hang in there it does get easier and get something to fiddle with because you have to do something with your hands also(cinnoman sticks).
Old 12-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #16
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I never smoked and I know it's tough, but two guys at work went cold turkey while others tried the meds, cold turkey won out right. Just do it, mind over matter, the only one who beats you is you...the only one who loses is you.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
I heard once you quit and go back to smoking its harder to quit the 2nd time
I dont know if this is true. The second time I quite was no harder than the 10th time.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #18
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I quit 5yrs ago after smoking 14yrs....cold turkey.....when they jumped to $3.00 a pack that was it for me.
I'm not a nagging non-smoker though. It still doesn't bother me to be around cigarettes or smoke.

I did gain about 25lbs when I quit though. Replaced smokes with Twinkies HAHAHA
Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
I quit 5yrs ago after smoking 14yrs....cold turkey.....when they jumped to $3.00 a pack that was it for me.
I'm not a nagging non-smoker though. It still doesn't bother me to be around cigarettes or smoke.

I did gain about 25lbs when I quit though. Replaced smokes with Twinkies HAHAHA
yeah man, when i quit for the time last year(some of this year)..........i gained about 15 pounds. i was eating everything in our damn kitchen!!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #20
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah man, when i quit for the time last year(some of this year)..........i gained about 15 pounds. i was eating everything in our damn kitchen!!
I know what you mean.....I'm 6'3" and went from 175 to 200.......ahhh to be 200lbs again I need to start smoking again 225lbs and hopefully holding!!!!