Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What to get the girlfriend's parents?

Old 12-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
What to get the girlfriend's parents?

So I want to get my girlfriend's parents something for Christmas. We have been together for about 2 yrs. so I know them pretty well. I would like to spend around $50 on it or $25 on each.

Have any ideas?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Do either of her parents collect anything or have hobbies that you can contribute to? Thats always something and its personal to them
Old 12-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm156 View Post
Do either of her parents collect anything or have hobbies that you can contribute to? Thats always something and its personal to them
The mom owns her own printing business and the father is a firefighter. They have a lot of firefighter stuff though so I was trying to think of something different.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Gift certificate to a great Italian restaurant. Find our from your girl where they like to go, if you don't already know.

Good thing about Italian is its a solid meal and with $50 off the top, they should only need about $10-15 to round it out, including gratuity. Firefighters like Italian food. It was in all the papers...

...or if they dig they're yard, (hehe) getting a gift cert at a local nursery. Let them pick they're own Magnolia. (or whatever)
Old 12-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
azzurri is on a distinguished road
azzurri's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
So I want to get my girlfriend's parents something for Christmas. We have been together for about 2 yrs. so I know them pretty well. I would like to spend around $50 on it or $25 on each.

Have any ideas?
what about something nice for your truckkidding
kidding
nice bottle of vintage red wine always works
Old 12-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurri View Post
kidding
Damn, knew i should have said booze...
Old 12-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
kidding
I'm 17 that wouldn't go over well. I like the gift card idea though. We will see.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #8
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
You can get what I'm getting my GF's parents.

Seething hate. It doesn't wrap up too well, but the best part is they can't return it.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 AM   #9
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
You can get what I'm getting my GF's parents.

Seething hate. It doesn't wrap up too well, but the best part is they can't return it.

HAHA Perfect!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 01:44 AM   #10
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
kidding
Except he is 17 & wouldn't be able to buy it. But I like your thinking. A good bottle of wine.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:44 AM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Why can't his parents buy it for him to give to the other parents?

Sure he can't enjoy it with them, but at least he's thinking of THEIR needs.

Get them a nice Zinfandel. RavensWood is a good one from Cali. Otherwise Wyndhams Estate Merlot from Australia. Easy on the wallet without being a cheap bastard.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:11 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
I'm 17 that wouldn't go over well. I like the gift card idea though. We will see.
NOTE - Be sure any place you were to get a gift card from is solid and will be in business for a while. You don't want to buy a card for a business that goes under after the holidays.
You especially have to consider this with the enonomy like it is right now.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
Resident Jackass

I heard about that over the radio. They said that while some establishments may close they probably won't go bankrupt all together. They said you can further protect your gift card purchase by putting it on a Credit Card.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #14
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
That's a tough one. The restaurant idea always works. Perhaps invite them out with your and your girlfriend and pick up the tab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoterp View Post
mebbe her parents would like sum nice pictures of u and her doin it in their house when they're not home? u know sum closeups of all the action? or are they liberals and let u have sex? nah, go w the gift certificate, ur pics could get u killed, u said the dude's a fireman, prob has a gun ha ha
Have you been on here before? Swapping engines?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Have you been on here before? Swapping engines?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #16
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
if they are anything like my wifes parents they have everything they need, take them out to dinner, or make them something. the good man above gave us hands to craft things, i made a adirondack chair and love seat 2 years ago for them
Old 12-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #17
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Donate to a charity in there name, or soldiers fund, they probably have everything already.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #18
TIM HUS shows Nashville how it's done correctly.
cameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cameraperson ADK
cameraperson's Tacoma Gallery
A gift box of adirondack smoked meats and cheeses! Its a thousand times better than those pepperdige farm kits- ours are great, last a long time, and we have tons of cheese flavors and classics, mustards and nice holiday deals. Check my sig--->
Old 12-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Dad = Beer Mom = Wine
Old 12-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #20
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraperson View Post
A gift box of adirondack smoked meats and cheeses! Its a thousand times better than those pepperdige farm kits- ours are great, last a long time, and we have tons of cheese flavors and classics, mustards and nice holiday deals. Check my sig--->
This was Christmas of 2008.