1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

If your dog were to attack someone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luk8272, Dec 17, 2008.

?

What would you do If your dog attacked someone, in your yard, or out on a walk?

1. Put it to sleep (Professionally)

17 vote(s)
    19.1%
  2. Kill it (yourself)

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Hide it

51 vote(s)
    57.3%
  4. Give it away

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:26 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    His dogs were chained up in the front yard right? And one of them was able to reach the road? As far as I am concerned his dog was on public property. I would have drop kicked the dog.

I was walking home from the bar down the road from my old apartment one morning about 3 am and the road was a dark side street. All i heard was the scratching of a dog's toenails on the pavement. When I turned to look all I saw was a big white blur in mid air. I instinctively put my hands out to hold him back and I got really lucky and grabbed his collar. I threw him down to the road and punched him right in the nose about 3-4 times and it rolled out of my grip and ran off. It was about a 60lb Pittbull. That dog, had he not had a collar on, would have torn me up pretty bad. I firmly believe that he would attack again. In this case, the dog needs to be put down. And I got really luck being that I was leaving the bar and was pretty much tanked.

Most dogs are an extremely good judge of character. Usually if they attack or show aggression it is for good reason.

2. Jan 21, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    "bait dog". Dumb question but what is that?

3. Jan 21, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    a bait dog is the dog assholes use to make fighting dogs learn how to hurt other dogs.

4. Jan 21, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Close. Bait dogs are what wanna be dogmen use to try and see if their dogs have the drive to fight. Or better yet a dog that they can let their mutts kill to make the owners feel better about themselves. I was born and raised around fighting dogs, if you listen to whats in the media then you are in the dark about what the fight game was.

5. Jan 21, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.

Any "Pit Bull" that would attack a person should be put down. They were bred for multiple reason through out their exhistance but never was Human Aggression accepted. In the ring they had to be in full out combat within feet of their owner and the other dogs owner. When a turn was called these dogs were picked up literally by their owners while in the heat of battle, if they were uncertain about what they were doing at that time they would have bitten the person picking them up.

For those that think fighting the dogs was horrible cruel have never been around these dogs. They have the drive to fight they are not made to do it. On that same note do you watch MMA? I know you will say the dogs had no choice but at any moment the dogs could have quit or jumped the wall. And no the owners would not kill the dogs for that. I am only speaking about true dogmen. Not the kids in the ghetto or Vick!

6. Jan 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Regardless of breed. If a dog attacks without provication then I believe they should be put down. I don't share the public fear for Pittbulls or any other "mean" breed. Any dog can be mean. Wolves fight each other, cats fight each other, people fight each other......it is a natural occurance in life. It has so much to do with the Alpha structure and rank of any species.

7. Jan 21, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Wow. 

8. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Exactly. My dogs don't mind people. They just don't like other dogs. I keep barking collars on them so they don't get themselves excited and start going bazurk when we're on our walks.

For all you animal lovers, keep in mind that before i put the barking collars on the dogs I did to myself first.

9. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    Major91

Major91 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffROAD Barcelona Red
    On Anytime Fog Lights Satoshi Grillcraft Misc LEDS 5100's all around Konig's16". Duratracks, debadged,tinted fronts, custom shifter, flyzeye
    Same...........you deserved it! :D

10. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    And I use a pinch collar. I tried a choker chain, but my dog would pull until he passed out i think. The pinch chain worked great. He does not try to bolt away and he listens quite well now. I can walk him on his normal collar with no issues now. And No, I did not try the collar on myself. I started out nice with him trying to train him and he has wicked ADD so I had to step it up until I found something that worked.

11. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:

Exactly my feeling. I have been dealing with BSL here so I was stuck on the Pit Bull issue. Sorry, lol.

12. Jan 21, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    Yeah my dog has attacked twice once when I lived in an apartment and the maintenance man tried to come in when I was not home and bam she bit his leg. And then a dog attacked my puppy in my back yard and she bit the dog and dropped it in the alley and this is the dog I do not walk on the leash she is just protecting her territory outside of the house she can care less unless something was happening to myself or my other dog.

13. Jan 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    It would really depend on what happened. If one of my dogs knew that I was in danger they would do anything to protect me and god help that other person. If it wasn't provoked I know the descision I would have to make as I have a niece that is always at my house and I'm sure she will soon be playing with the dogs (she is only 6 months now). If I was in my house or my yard and someone came in then I would say that is your problem and you shouldn't have. There is just alot of curcumstances because my dogs are all very well behaved and have never have bitten or attacked anyone. There are however very protective of each other. I have 3 dogs and at the dogs park sometimes other dogs get a little to rough with mine which isn't intentional but the other dogs always seems to step in and protect the other dog.

14. Jan 21, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    if my dog did attack,they probably would not even know.shes a maltese.

15. Jan 21, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Head unit, speakers, LEDs
    laugh tell them ur the dumbass that pissed off the dog and walk away. (keep in mind dont have a dog anymore and when i did i trained it not to bite, so would have taken alot for mine to bite anyone)

16. Jan 21, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    First off your dog should be properly trained and under control (i know thats not always easy cuz it does take a lot of time and patience). But in my area if a dog kills livestock or attacks a person, it is required to be put down. Now if someone provoked my dog, or my dog was actually protecting me. I would not allow him to be put down. But if it came to it because my dog for some strange reason did attack someone. I would take him out back and put him down myself rather than have someone else do it.

17. Jan 21, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    I've been bitten by a dog and had to have 40 stitches in my leg. The dog was not put down and I didn't request to have it put down.

I do believe some dogs are more aggressive than others and need to be handled so. It is mostly the owners responsibility to know their dogs personality and aggression levels.

18. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    The guy that was yelling at you as you were walking by...I would bring him into my back yard and let my dog do this.

th_BMF11months_7ae62ca475b2e395c0f0319963663358d8c32aeb.jpg

19. Jan 21, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Here is an update that I never really thought to give. Since the incident where the Rottie was aggressive towards my dog and myself, I decided to talk to some of their neighbors and then the law. Seems there dog is very aggressive in general towards anything that passes on the road. After the first event I continued passing, well the lady of the house threatened to let her dog go and kill me and my dog. I have a CCW permit and don't have a fear of dogs. I decided to contact the police about her threat. We have a silly law here that states that a dog weighing over 40 lbs must be chained in the rear of the home. Not allowed to block the front entrance for in case there would be an emergency. She was in violation. Well when the cops arrived the dog was extremely vicious to them and they said attacked their car. Animal control picked the dog up and decided it was unstable thus must be put down.

Keep in mind my question was not a concern for my dog in general but just a query. I don't tolerate HA unless it is warrantied ie: Myself or GF in trouble, Dog being attacked, or protecting her home.

Products Discussed in

To Top