Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Nothing like

Old 12-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
rc2125 is on a distinguished road
Army:
rc2125's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing like

being stuck behind countless numbers of stupid folks that don't have four wheel drive up north here, can't drive to begin with and don't seem to know what lanes they need to be in anyhow

One hour and ten minutes to make the fifteen minute trip home yesterday, can't wait to do it again tonight

Be nice if all the plow trucks just quit plowing and then folks would know what kind of vehicles they need up here!

Save the county alot of tax money also, salt/fuel/maintenance/wages/etc.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
there's a flipside to that though. i had a 92 Plymouth Sundance that would go through snow like it wasn't there. Auto shop owner told me once that car had nearly perfect 50/50 weight distribution. I'd be doing my 15MPH thing getting home in snowstorms you couldn't see 50 feet in and have 4X4s go zooming by me. More than once I'd drive by them off the road a few minutes later.

4X4 will get you going, but it ain't gonna help you stop any better. It's the driver more than the vehicle.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Front wheel drive vehicles rock too!!

I had a 93 Mazda Protege for 5 years. That little car kicked ass in the snow!!
I drove that thing in the worst of storms and snow. I got it stuck once when I tried to drive through 12" of unplowed snow. Ooops....guess I found its limit considering the nose of the car was less than 9" off the ground. That was a fun little car. I'd drive around the snow whipping the tailend around.

With the right amount of momentum & driver experience - you can drive just about anything in the snow. Most people don't have any experience driving in snow and/or are too damn scared of it.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Try DC with it's transient population... (I.E. Diplomats from Kenya that have never seen snow). When it rain's here - traffic screams to a halt like there was 3 feet of snow on the ground... I'm not even going to get into when it snows here.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
haha. ND seems to probably have some of the best-prepared-for-shitty-conditions drivers in the US!
Old 12-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #6
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Try DC with it's transient population... (I.E. Diplomats from Kenya that have never seen snow). When it rain's here - traffic screams to a halt like there was 3 feet of snow on the ground... I'm not even going to get into when it snows here.
i know exactly what youre saying there or whats even better, i live i warrenton bout 45 mins outside dc bout 5 months outta the year, when we get people from the city out their weekend home and we get 2-4 inches of snow and vdot doesnt always get out there right away you should see those people, i believe i could sell tickets to that show
Old 12-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
It amazes me how every winter it's like people are driving in snow for the first time.