Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

wedding ring+ divorce question

Old 12-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
wedding ring+ divorce question

so this girl im dating is divorced...but she still wears her wedding ring- just on her right hand instead of her left. is this normal? it doesnt really bother me, but i thought it was a little odd that someone would still wear a wedding ring from an ex husband.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
so this girl im dating is divorced...but she still wears her wedding ring- just on her right hand instead of her left. is this normal? it doesnt really bother me, but i thought it was a little odd that someone would still wear a wedding ring from an ex husband.
sounds kinda weird to me. tell her to go pawn it!!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sounds kinda weird to me. tell her to go pawn it!!
X2!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
have her make a necklace out of it.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
im sort of seeing 2 girls...one is divorced and one is in the process of divorcing...neither of them wear their rings...much less want anything to do with those rings...

they both still have them...but theyre put away
Old 12-20-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Since you said "I am dating this girl" and not "my girlfriend", there is not much you can say or do until things get more serious. If things become more serious then I would find it odd if she didn't remove it.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's not you, that's weird. Is it just a band, or does it have diamonds in it? If it has rocks, have her make it into something else. Then your girl can sport some bling on some other sucker's expense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
im sort of seeing 2 girls...one is divorced and one is in the process of divorcing...
Dude... that's a couple of bad track records there... good luck.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
we are going out, she is my gf. i just use the term dating. i dont want to make an issue out of it either since it doesnt really bother me. i didn't know if it was normal or not though. she said its a nice ring so why not wear it. i got her a cool watch for xmas, maybe she will dump the ring for the watch lol. doubt it.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
It's not you, that's weird. Is it just a band, or does it have diamonds in it? If it has rocks, have her make it into something else. Then your girl can sport some bling on some other sucker's expense.

Dude... that's a couple of bad track records there... good luck.
hey...not my fault their ex's are jackasses and either hit them or cheat on them
Old 12-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #10
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post

interesting idea...maybe ill bring it up to her after the new year. we've only been dating for a little under 2 months so it's not really my place (imo) to tell her what she can and can't wear. I believe its the band (with diamonds around it) and the engagement ring which is one big one and i think there are a couple smaller ones around it. i never really inspected it that closely.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #11
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
hey...not my fault their ex's are jackasses and either hit them or cheat on them
so which one are you going to do? im guessing the cheating on them part
Old 12-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
so which one are you going to do? im guessing the cheating on them part
ha...not really in my nature tho to do that...i'll break up with them before i cheat on them...but i'd have to let it get serious enough with one of them for that to happen
Old 12-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #13
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard of women who will wear a wedding band just to fake people out. But I'd be asking her if she's still holding on to the ex by wearing that. Or are their children involved and does it have some significance for their sake??
Most will pawn it or lock it away in a cold dark place..
Old 12-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #14
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
My friend had a necklace made out of her sister's wedding diamonds. The best was an ex who broke in and stole the wedding set. She could never prove it was him but got the insurance money Nice ring or not, that is different, sure Miss Manners wouldn't approve.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #15
PaulVthe3 will become famous soon enoughPaulVthe3 will become famous soon enough

PaulVthe3's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds to me like there is a part of thier marriage that she just cant let go of! But if you can live with her wearing the ring in the first place well than dont worry about it. To each his own. Ask yourself this: What if you were wearing the ring would she be insecure or bothered about it?
Old 12-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #16
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVthe3 View Post
Ask yourself this: What if you were wearing the ring would she be insecure or bothered about it?

i dont think she would. theyve been seperated for 2 years and divorced at the beginning of this year legally. They are on good terms and he knows about me (not real happy about it though). doesn't sound like it was a bad breakup which may be part of it <shrug>
Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #17
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

Marines: 0333-Accuracy by Volume
praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Actually it is very common for an woman to wear her ring on the right hand while in the process of the divorce. Remember, at some point she loved this man and he loved her. It is a reminder to her that things were not always bad between them.

If it makes you feel odd then you have to remind yourself that he knows what she looks like naked.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #18
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
she could make her a grill out of it...
Old 12-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #19
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
It doesn't matter if you're dating for a month or a year...or 5 years. She's divorced. The ring symbolizes the union of two people - who are no longer together - so it doesn't make sense to my why she would want to continue to wear it.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:51 PM   #20
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure it's the ring from her previous marriage? Could it possibly be from her parents/grandparents that passed their ring on?

If it is the ring from her previous marriage I find that kind of odd to keep wearing it after a divorce.