1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The "friend zone"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by BlueTaco07, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    Shutup.

2. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Listen to this guy... I almost guarantee he's not in the friend zone with anyone. First Words of First Date, Christian: "So... We gonna fuck or what? And I don't give two shits about your ATRAC"

3. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    jaw154

jaw154 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand TRD Off road
    Soon...
    :laugh:

4. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    You gotta take control man! Starting to sound like me, stop it! First off, we gotta remedy those stinky pits. You will be classy as fuck

5. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Shave em (seriously or at least trim), get into good cardio shape so you sweat less and you'll be good to go.

6. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    LMAO!

I look around me sometimes and notice that I dont have a single friend that is a girl. Im starting to think this friend zone thing is real but I always destroy that zone by getting wasted and trying to fuck.

7. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    exact reason why she's more than a friend :D we were "friends" for almost 12 hours before I got drunk :rofl:

8. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    Trigo

Trigo Because fuck you that's why...

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodrigo
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    1st gen
    yea I was in the same situation with a girl a while back, I was always really nice to the girl and eventually asked her out. She said no in kind of a rude way so I decided to just not talk to her anymore, and after ignoring her for a couple of months she started talking to me about when were we gonna hang out and such. Still talk to her but im trying to keep it at a minimum as im trying to get at her friend:D

9. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    first, :rofl: at this ^^

second, we've all been in your shoes OP. why you made a thread about it, im not sure, but just move on man. ....the girl im dating now friended the shit out of me about 4 years ago when we were both in high school. i did what you probably want to do - threw it all out there to her. never do that. women are deep and stupid creatures, honesty is not the key with them... we men are smart and blunt. those two combos never work out well together. just treat her like a friend and move on. that's what i did, and after both of us had several failed relationships she came crawling back to Mr. Awesome here. what did i do? turned it down. dont make it easy, women have to prove themselves, otherwise they think they can do better than you. ..... so, i did that for a while till shit got serious and i made sure i wasn't setting myself up for a disaster of tears and months of pamala handerson and here i am. it's been 6 months and ive never been this happy. anyway, do all that stuff i said and one day you might be as awesome as me. . . but i doubt it. ;)

10. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
  11. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:47 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    No we haven't.

12. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    jgwheeler17

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    neglect, mostly.
    :rolleyes:

so all women of attraction to you either flock to you or hate you?

13. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    This.
    Make the move, if you dont you will forever wonder. It probably wont work, but at least you'll know and you can move on.

14. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    just get her wasted outta her mind, give her the old donkey punch and send her on her way

15. Apr 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM
    jgwheeler17

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    neglect, mostly.
    :laugh:, damn son thats rough.

16. Apr 24, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    What I'm saying is I do not sit on the sidelines like a little bitch for three years never telling someone how I feel. I do not get run over doing favors, and listening to bitching about shit I don't care about, and otherwise being abused, because I harbor some inward retarded hope that just being super super nice will someday cause a woman to see the light.

Note to "nice" guys: You're not being nice. You're being spineless. And women can tell the difference easily.

If I'm attracted to a woman, I make a move. If she's game, she's game. If she's not game, we can be buddies, but that's a big fucking difference from the bullshit in that paragraph above. While we're being buddies, she's not getting any special privileges, and I will not be an emotional crutch. She wants to whine about life/boyfriend/yeast infections/etc., she can call her girlfriends. I don't give a fuck.

But then, I don't really permit the "relationship" thing anyway. My setup is more along the lines of a stable of fuck buddies.

To a degree, accurate. I hate "nice" or "traditional" women; they want to get married, get a house, nest, and have kids. If that sounds like an interesting life to someone out there, have fun in the suburbs. I got shit I want to do, and it'd be nice to see some boobs while doing it every once in a while.

Whenever I get set up on a date by a co-worker/female friend/etc. with someone they know who's "looking for a really good guy", it typically doesn't end well. I've pretty much stopped humoring that kind of thing, unless their friend is smokin' hot, because, hey, you never know. They may not be as nice as they let on either.

17. Apr 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I don't see the problem here?

18. Apr 24, 2012 at 4:09 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Yeah, they don't get it.

It's like: If I get turned down, fine, we can be friends, but I'm not sitting around keeping myself available waiting on her to "come around". I'm going to be fucking other chicks, and she's going to hear about it. She wants to stop it, well, she can make a counter-offer. Other than that, what's to discuss?

19. Apr 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    I see it like this, you can keep chasing around the same girl hoping she will change and fall in love with you, but chances are she wont and your wasting your time. Or you can move on and realize there are plenty of fish in the sea

You want her and she doesnt want you, your wasting your time. Now if your original intention was to be her best friend then your all good (and a pussy). But if your intentions are more, and she just wants friends, you are wasting your time

20. Apr 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    Blasphemous

Blasphemous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    TRD SC, Stealth Pulley, DTLT Headers, URD MK3 Catback Exhaust, AFE II Intake
    Some people either get it from the get go, or have to learn.

I had to learn.

Now, I am enjoying my life with no attachments. Maybe a little too much actually...:cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top