Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

A note to our "younger" members (And everyone else too)

Old 05-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #21
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
uh that made me feel like such an idiot for the way i drive sometimes. Def needed to watch that before my big cross country road trip. Thanks OP
Old 05-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #22
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Spoken like a champion.

Your are The Alpha Pineapple.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #23
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread and great reminder to everyone...even with out drinking and speeding involved it is a very dangerous thing with the cell phone, stereos, texting, etc.

Saw too much of this when I was a reserve FF/EMT for 10 years.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #24
Doc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doc
Doc35's Tacoma Gallery
Great message! At 19 my daughter got hit with a DUI, my insurance was cancelled because she lived under my roof, this after 30 years of clean driving on my part. Was I pissed because I had to get high risk insurance? Take a guess.

Regardless of that don't risk your life and those innocent people sharing the road with you, it's just not worth it. I spent 28 years as a Fire Fighter, I've seen enough senseless tragedy.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
+1 to OP for this. Good advice.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #26
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Its hard to believe people still do it. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE !
Old 05-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #27
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Aloha all

It's that time of year, when college kids finally get back home and all those high schoolers are finally graduating.

With the return of the college frosh, eager to party home, and the seniors that are ready to celebrate, the roads tend to be more dangerous. Grad parties + inexperience = greater negative potential.

If you're one of those high schoolers/college students, please be safe with your celebrations. Underage drinking is illegal, we all know this. If you're at a party with some sort of alcohol present make sure that nobody that drinks is allowed to drive.

"blah blah blah I'm good to go!" "I've done this before, don't worry"
BS. Do not allow them to drive, and do not drive yourself. Find someone 100% sober to drive you.
We've all heard the speeches from our teachers and our parents, but let me tell you.
Going to the funeral of your friends is worse than you can possibly imagine.

And to everyone else that's in the vicinity of local high schools, be careful! There's always those few that let hormones and teenage naivete/stupidity go to their heads.

I write this because I've lost way too many friends around graduation/beginning of summer. If only one graduating member of TW reads this and it makes an impression, it was worth writing.

Last year two guys that I had gone to school with since elementary decided to drive home drunk and spun off a wet road, both died at the hospital hours later. They stayed alive just long enough for their parents and friends to make it to the hospital before they passed away.

This was the night of graduation.

A few days later, a truck full of kids going to see a late-night movie was hit head-on by a drunken partier trying to get home before his curfew. Both drivers were killed instantly, and the rest of my friends were hospitalized for weeks.

I know I'm not always the most serious guy on TW, but I just want to put out this friendly neighborhood reminder out to everyone that's going to be out and about the next few weeks.

Drunk driving isn't worth the risks, I know the LEOs on here have their stories as well.
Avoiding roads around high-school parties has its value as well.
I'm not graduating til next year but +1 for posting
Old 05-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #28
KCCO
FarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud of
FarmBoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
The Navy just conducted a standown training and we had to watch this video. Very graphic and will make you think twice about how you drive.

http://youtu.be/_4496EI6iYM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_4496EI6iYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Watched that in Driver's Ed during sophomore year of HS. One of my friends passed out during it.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #29
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
And to everyone else that's in the vicinity of local high schools, be careful! There's always those few that let hormones and teenage naivete/stupidity go to their heads.
I here ya on this. I live just around the corner from our HS and come home from work at the same time they are getting out. I try to be extra careful since there is always at least one showing their arsh leaving school. And several of these kids here drive or have Hummers, Lexus's, lifted Jeep Wranglers, and so on.

And yes I know I showed my arsh at that age, maybe not as bad and as often as I see these kids doing, and I didn't drive a fast vehicle like many I've seen. Also, we didn't have the distractions of cell phones, Ipods, or whatever like they have now. That plus inexperience is scary.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #30
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Plus EMS has a habit of started largest bore IVs we can muster to Drunk drivers out of spite and possible fluid resuscitation needs...

And generally at least 2 of them.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #31
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
I graduate from HS in less than 3 weeks and I've never smoked or drank before. I have sent a text message while at a stop light but thats about it. After watching that video im even more aware of the consequences of simple,stupid, unavoidable actions. Good thread Kone.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #32
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Plus EMS has a habit of started largest bore IVs we can muster to Drunk drivers out of spite and possible fluid resuscitation needs...

And generally at least 2 of them.
I hate needles, reading that just made me cringe...
Old 05-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #33
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
btw guys, 11trd posted the vid, not me. It didn't cross my mind at the time
credit goes to him

still hard watching that one
Old 05-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #34
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Well said BrokenTestical
Old 05-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #35
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Well said BrokenTestical
I am a man of many talents

And 1.5 testicals
Old 05-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #36
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am a man of many talents

And 1.5 testicals
You has zero testicals. Ashley has 1.5 of yours in her purse.....
Old 05-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #37
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

We normally use those small yellow ones.

For DUI's we use dual green. (On our units they're gray. If you've really pissed us off we bust out the orange ones. Then you know you're fucked...14ga. One off from buckshot sized)
Old 05-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #38
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
haha

btw if you really want to taste our nightmares, just pop one of them greenies in your mouth and check BT off the list
BT? Am I missing something?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #39
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
BT? Am I missing something?
BrokenTestical?