Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

A note to our "younger" members (And everyone else too)

Old 05-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
A note to our "younger" members (And everyone else too)

Aloha all

It's that time of year, when college kids finally get back home and all those high schoolers are finally graduating.

With the return of the college frosh, eager to party home, and the seniors that are ready to celebrate, the roads tend to be more dangerous. Grad parties + inexperience = greater negative potential.

If you're one of those high schoolers/college students, please be safe with your celebrations. Underage drinking is illegal, we all know this. If you're at a party with some sort of alcohol present make sure that nobody that drinks is allowed to drive.

"blah blah blah I'm good to go!" "I've done this before, don't worry"
BS. Do not allow them to drive, and do not drive yourself. Find someone 100% sober to drive you.
We've all heard the speeches from our teachers and our parents, but let me tell you.
Going to the funeral of your friends is worse than you can possibly imagine.

And to everyone else that's in the vicinity of local high schools, be careful! There's always those few that let hormones and teenage naivete/stupidity go to their heads.

I write this because I've lost way too many friends around graduation/beginning of summer. If only one graduating member of TW reads this and it makes an impression, it was worth writing.

Last year two guys that I had gone to school with since elementary decided to drive home drunk and spun off a wet road, both died at the hospital hours later. They stayed alive just long enough for their parents and friends to make it to the hospital before they passed away.

This was the night of graduation.

A few days later, a truck full of kids going to see a late-night movie was hit head-on by a drunken partier trying to get home before his curfew. Both drivers were killed instantly, and the rest of my friends were hospitalized for weeks.

I know I'm not always the most serious guy on TW, but I just want to put out this friendly neighborhood reminder out to everyone that's going to be out and about the next few weeks.

Drunk driving isn't worth the risks, I know the LEOs on here have their stories as well.
Avoiding roads around high-school parties has its value as well.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
TacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really nice
Air Force:
TacoLife08's Tacoma Gallery
I feel like I hear this all the time, but being in the military i have seen these things happen first hand all to often with returning from deployments, advancing in rank, etc. Dont just read this! Listen to it and pass it along to friends/family/loved ones and anyone seen fit to hear it.
Great Post Konaborne.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
MasterOPudding is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
MasterOPudding's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the words. we had a varsity basketball player at my high school die this year and a few others in the school district.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I know the LEOs on here have their stories as well.
To many to speak of, from personal life and work. There is no excuse for drinking and driving.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for this Kona. Friend of mine was out celebrating his birthday, the girl driving was drunk. Passed a slower vehicle on a blind hill/double yellow. Head-on collision with oncoming traffic at 65mph (that's a combined 130 mph, if you're keeping score at home). 5 of the 6 people in that accident did not survive, and my friend- who lived- still has nightmares years later; he's never been the same. Don't do that to yourself or your friends.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle5521 View Post
To many to speak of, from personal life and work. There is no excuse for drinking and driving.
x2
Old 05-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Very well said my friend! I am not a partier or a drinker, but there are so many of those types in my college it is ridiculous. Me I am not a nerd or a bookworm, but am very serious about my studies and getting into the career I want, that is all that matters to me in college, partying can come later. I am glad I got done with finals early and got home before all the other kids got on the road, some of those kids should not be driving at all.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I vote new addition to TWTOLTH
Old 05-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
luco1029 is a jewel in the roughluco1029 is a jewel in the roughluco1029 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Lucas
luco1029's Tacoma Gallery
I had a friend who was with us one night(he is over 21) and passed out drunk and then woke up and got scared because he didnt recognize his surroundings(couldnt even walk he was so drunk) and thought is was a good idea to drive home...he did make it home and then decided he was to go do donuts in his field down the road...did that and was back on his was home, spun out and totaled his truck and my friend in the passenger seats head almost went through the windshield. Both walked away with minor injuries and now when they drink they wont even have their car anywhere near the place they are drinking at. This happening to my friends really sparked a lot with people at my high school. A few of my friends used to use the "im ok, ive done this plenty of times" excuse. Now there isnt any of my friends that will drink and drive and it really changed outlooks on it seeing that my 2 friends could have easily been dead. I'll be graduating high school the 26th and i hope that all graduates will know to be smart enough not to drink and drive.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
VERY GOOD ADVICE! ALL YOU MILITARY PEOPLE ON LEAVE NEED TO HEED THIS ADVICE TOO, WE HAD FOUR YOUNG MARINES DIE IN A CAR CRASH BECAUSE OF A ALCOHOL RELATED CRASH! CALL A CAB!
Old 05-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luco1029 View Post
I had a friend who was with us one night(he is over 21) and passed out drunk and then woke up and got scared because he didnt recognize his surroundings(couldnt even walk he was so drunk) and thought is was a good idea to drive home...he did make it home and then decided he was to go do donuts in his field down the road...did that and was back on his was home, spun out and totaled his truck and my friend in the passenger seats head almost went through the windshield. Both walked away with minor injuries and now when they drink they wont even have their car anywhere near the place they are drinking at. This happening to my friends really sparked a lot with people at my high school. A few of my friends used to use the "im ok, ive done this plenty of times" excuse. Now there isnt any of my friends that will drink and drive and it really changed outlooks on it seeing that my 2 friends could have easily been dead. I'll be graduating high school the 26th and i hope that all graduates will know to be smart enough not to drink and drive.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
The Navy just conducted a standown training and we had to watch this video. Very graphic and will make you think twice about how you drive.

http://youtu.be/_4496EI6iYM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_4496EI6iYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ugh, had to watch that before too

crazy stuff
Old 05-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #15
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
I had a friend of mine die in an alcohol related off roading incident. That kind of stuff kills them, but scars us for years.

Good post Kona, thanks for the reminder too all willing to read.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
good thread

if you're gonna drink underage or smoke weed or something, either stay where you are or get a dd. it's not that hard...
this applies to you too
Old 05-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Note to returning college freshmen: Now is a golden time to try and tap some of that high school senior ass.

They're liquored up and now you're a college guy. Get on it.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #18
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Note to returning college freshmen: Now is a golden time to try and tap some of that high school senior ass.

They're liquored up and now you're a college guy. Get on it.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #19
blitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
blitton08's Tacoma Gallery
Keep yourself and the Taco safe, dont drink and drive! Just pass out where you drop!,
Old 05-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
One thing that needs to be mentioned also is the repercussions of drinking and driving..

My best friend friend was busted at 18, so now 6 years later, it has cost him in cash 46,000$ in fines and lawyer and insurance costs. Lost licence for 3 months initially and another year after found guilty. DUI's in Canada are also Federal Criminal charges, meaning its a life time criminal record too.