1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Crack is whack...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeverich, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Jun 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM
    jeverich

jeverich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    PNW/Kodiak
    Vehicle:
    07 2.7 4x4
    OME 886/Old Man Doug Suspension Lift, ARB Bumper, Bruteforce High Clearance w/Swing Out, De-badge, Block Heater, Homemade IFS Skid, 7" Kragens, Blue Seas Fuse Block, BlitzPro Fogs, 12k BadLands Winch, BAMF Sliders, ARB Locker, 4.88s Yaesu FT-1900R, Larsen 150B NMO Mount Antenna
    Engineer on the boat was fired about a month ago. Close friend of mine, excellent Cat mechanic. Sucked at being a fisherman, but a great engineer.

I knew he had a past with meth. Thought it was just that - a past.

He lost all ambition to do fuckall about 4 months ago. Then some weird shit happened, at the time I attributed it to the hours we were working.

Every single item of maintenance item he did on the boat I have had to re-do.

As I put the pieces together everything points to getting back on fawkin meth. Goddamnit. Captain and I had a chat today and heard through some outside sources that our suspicions are probably justified.

Sucks. Crack is whack.

2. Jun 3, 2012 at 12:40 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    That sucks man, I just had to fire a guy for an Oxy habit.

3. Jun 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    dang man, ya know theyll make their own bed ya know.... have you actually tried talking to him?

4. Jun 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM
    jeverich

jeverich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    PNW/Kodiak
    Vehicle:
    07 2.7 4x4
    OME 886/Old Man Doug Suspension Lift, ARB Bumper, Bruteforce High Clearance w/Swing Out, De-badge, Block Heater, Homemade IFS Skid, 7" Kragens, Blue Seas Fuse Block, BlitzPro Fogs, 12k BadLands Winch, BAMF Sliders, ARB Locker, 4.88s Yaesu FT-1900R, Larsen 150B NMO Mount Antenna
    Honestly it's not really my place. It's his life choice.

I had my suspicions, but now that I have been putting all the pieces together it makes sense.

Kinda shitty.

5. Jun 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    well dude to be honest,,,, as his friend i think you are in a position to (potentially) save his life man seriously. i say its worth a shot man ive seen cases of it working

6. Jun 3, 2012 at 2:41 AM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    but then again..... who am i? i dont know you or him

7. Jun 3, 2012 at 8:07 AM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    I can tell you first hand, most people don't get off meth. Sometimes they do more, sometimes they do less, but it's a powerful addiction. I feel sympathy for your friend, I know what kind of hell that is. My heart goes out to him. I hope he can find a way to clean up. Obviously you can't have him working on the boat like that, you can't let him endanger anyone else, but I hope as best you can you stick with him, as long as you can do it without being dragged down yourself. He'll need friends who are productive and healthy to show him how to be a healthy person again. Good luck to him, and to you.

8. Jun 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:

Bingo, you're correct, unfortunately, dude is gonna have to be the one to get dude off the drugs, no one else can. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make 'em tap dance

Products Discussed in

To Top