Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Any DBT fans on TW?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Any DBT fans on TW?

Any Drive By Truckers fans out there?

Found 'em about three years ago, had at least one of their albums in the truck at all times since then.

Southern Rock Opera is my personal favorite.

Side note - my apologies for polluting off topic with a couple of asshat threads later...didn't get the ban hammer so all is good. Won't happen again.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:41 AM   #2
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
It's got 350 heads on a 305 engine, I get 10 miles to the gallon, I ain't got no good intention...
Old 06-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of DBT fans on here. Myself and Tigerfan might be the two biggest. I have seen them about 7 x over the last couple years. Pretty easy to do around where I live, now Alaska you are going to need to do some traveling to see the Rock Show! Favorite song of the moment is "World of Hurt" been digging that one a lot, and "Aftermath USA".
Old 06-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
DawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DawsonvilleDave's Tacoma Gallery
Umm....yeah. My favorite! Seen them 4 times at the 40 Watt in Athens and once at the Georgia Theatre.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawsonvilleDave View Post
Umm....yeah. My favorite! Seen them 4 times at the 40 Watt in Athens and once at the Georgia Theatre.
How could I have forgot about dawsonvilledave? He's got the Cooley bird on his avatar!
Oh the 40 WATT, the Mecca of all DBT venues nice...I would like to do that in 2013.

Any of you guys ever check out the forums at 3DD? Good band related forum, I have the same username there.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawsonvilleDave View Post
40watt is where it's at!

I have every one of their albums, and several venue flyers from their shows...i'm pretty sure Hendoo has some fancy DBT beer glasses haha

Seen them more times than I can count (pretty much anytime they come nearby up until the last couple of years where work has gotten in the way)
Old 06-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
The Stroker Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
40watt is where it's at!

I have every one of their albums, and several venue flyers from their shows...i'm pretty sure Hendoo has some fancy DBT beer glasses haha

Seen them more times than I can count (pretty much anytime they come nearby up until the last couple of years where work has gotten in the way)

There's Jeff! I knew he would sniff this one out! I do have some sweet glasses, drank 2 vodka/Tonics tonight out of one!

Thinking about these Georgia Theater shows in August, I have a couple southwest vouchers...hmmm
Old 06-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #8
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Had Brightet Than Creations dark turned up loud on the way back from the boat today. Something about DBT just feels good to roll your windows down and play it loud after a long day at work.

Yeah, living in Kodiak puts a damper on seeing live music. A road trip down to one of their shows would be f'n epic.

Anybody have any stickers laying around? Grab one at their next show for me? Got smoked salmon and halibut...oh, and black cod too!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:35 AM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Decoration Day and Dirty South are by far my favorite albums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLwrPDRRnf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV3q4klpYJE

And a picture I stole from one show at the Handlebar in Greenville SC

I'm the goober in the hat in front of Trucker Jesus at the bottom left of the stage
Old 06-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #10
The Stroker Ace

Sweet, I love the rail spots, I always go Cooley side, Patterson throws a lot of spit and sweat!

I would say that the Holy Trinity of SRO, DD, TDS are my favorites but Pizza Deliverence and Gangstabilly are so good. I am a huge fan of all of it, I really enjoy the newer stuff as well with a little bit of that soul mix. Don't forget Pattersons solo record is coming out within the next 60 days, should be a good one, his last one was great.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
DawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shedDawsonvilleDave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DawsonvilleDave's Tacoma Gallery

Pictures from The grand re-opening of the Georgia Theater in Athens. The pics are blurry as hell due to PBR (a bunch of it)...
Old 07-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
missed this thread. love DBT

seen them live and actually have had all their tunes on shuffle in the truck over the past day.

big fan of Isbell's stuff too.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
There's Jeff! I knew he would sniff this one out! I do have some sweet glasses, drank 2 vodka/Tonics tonight out of one!

Thinking about these Georgia Theater shows in August, I have a couple southwest vouchers...hmmm
They are playing the Southern Brewers Festival here in Chattanooga in August along with PGroove. Its a really cool setup of beer and tunes, doesnt get much better than that! I suggest using the vouchers and checking out the river city!

Decoration Day is a solid album. I like Go Go Boots a lot as well. Pulaski is fast becoming one of my all time favorites tracks.