1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Accidents: what have you seen or been in?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by undecided, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Jun 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    One nasty roll over on the 101 Outside of Bakersfield.Not my fault. Rearended by drunk driver and illegals. I was doing 85 and he smacked the left rear of the van and we went over , I dont remember how many times I remeber saying good bye to my kids and then I blacked out. FD says they thougth we were dead. As I did too. Van was totalled and we had a few days in the hospital and a first class plane ride home to NM. Plane ticket was courtesy of Southwest Airlines.One illegal was caught. The others bailed, He was never charged with the crime. ICE deported him before the papers were served. There was nothing left of the van, but the rear door. The one they cut off to pull us out.. I hate drunk drivers. As a Officer here on the county I have seen my fill of nasty accidents. Worst we were ever called to was a motorcylce rider hit by a Sedan. Riders right arm was in the cars' floorboard, and his top torso was found in a few pieces. Later to find out the car that hit the Motorcylist was drunk and lived in my neighboorhood. The driver was charged and sentenced to prison. The Motorclyclist was taking his hog for its initial ride after doing a total restore according to his wife. I sat and watched his head while the coroner could locate and bag all if his body. I couldnt sleep for 4 days after seeing this . I am sure to give motorcyleist plenty of room when driving around or with them on the road.

2. Jun 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
  3. Jun 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    crazyrzr85

crazyrzr85 So many b!tches, so little time...now back to TW!!

Member:
    First Name:
    ErIc
    W.PA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD DBL Cab(Totaled) 09 DCSB OR BSP
    Rugged Ridge front mats and Husky rear mat, bed mat, vent visors, bug shield, pine scented tree on mirror
  4. Jun 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    Nightmare4150

Nightmare4150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    at the end of the video you hear a secondary crash and thats either the car sliding behind the semi hit something or the semi hitting the woodline. it obliterated that SUV.

5. Jul 26, 2017 at 7:34 PM
    RyanL

RyanL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro, supercharged, BP-51s, etc
    1st gen down
    IMG_4352.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  6. Jul 27, 2017 at 8:55 AM
    kamaaina1

kamaaina1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD Tacoma x-cab
    In our 2009 Sienna, on our way to church last year, we T-boned a drunk ass-clown running a red light. We all walked away. Our 5 year old was a bit shook up though...

7. Jul 28, 2017 at 1:00 PM
    TegoTaco

TegoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tacoma DCLB TRD SPORT
    This happened in 2005, my dad bought the truck brand new off the lot, it only had 6600 on it when the accident happened. He tried to beat light but hit a patch of black ice, spun out and hit a fire hydrant and a pole. He walked away with a small scratch on his knee. He was able to get himself out through the passenger side. He went to work the next day...lol!

IMG_3033.jpg IMG_3036.jpg IMG_3037.jpg IMG_3038.jpg IMG_3039.jpg IMG_3040.jpg IMG_3041.jpg IMG_3042.jpg

8. Jul 28, 2017 at 1:10 PM
    eon_blue

eon_blue Most Improved Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD 3.4l 4x4 5sp manual Xtraca & '96 4runner 4x4 5spd manual
    I've been lucky *knock on wood* I haven't been in any major accidents in 17 years of driving, and I put a lot of miles on my cars.

Worst I was in was when I was passenger in my exes' Acura Integra, we were stopped at a light in traffic and an old man (was at least 80 years old) slammed into the back of us going about 35mph. Our car got pushed forward into the van in front of us. When we finally got everyone involved pulled over to the side of the road to assess damage and take information, I asked the old man for his driver's license and insurance slip and he handed me his Home Depot card and some video rental card. He told us that he thought he was braking but he definitely wasn't.

At a certain age people need to start being tested yearly (at least) to see if they are still fit to operate a vehicle. He definitely was not.

9. Jul 28, 2017 at 7:43 PM
    Marshall R

Marshall R Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marshall
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD double cab
    none
    I've walked away from a couple as a passenger that could have been bad. My brother was driving in 1983 on a curvy mountain road in N GA when a summer shower got the road wet. We skidded and hit an old F100 almost head on. It was at just enough of an angle that both the truck and car spun in opposite directions and ended up in the ditch. One broken leg and a few stitches between all 5 passengers.

When I was 5 a small utility trailer came unhitched and hit my mom's 1957 Pontiac head on. No car seats at the time, I was standing in the front passenger seat. No one physically hurt, but mom freaked out and was taken to the hospital.

In 1980 I was driving near Gainesville GA when I came up on a bad one. An 18 wheeler started passing a slow moving car just as the driver made a left turn into her driveway. T-boned the car, pushed it over a 40' embankment and the tractor ended up on top of the car. Lady was still alive and I helped EMT's get her out and up the bank. She was breathing when they closed the door, but was DOA at the hospital.

I'm a retired middle school teacher but substitute some. Two years ago driving home after school I pulled over to let a firetruck pass. Less than a mile later arrived on the scene where a 16 year old kid driving home from school had run off the shoulder, over corrected and rolled his S-10 Blazer several times. Driver was ejected and dead. The 3 passengers didn't have a scratch. That one hit home, I had taught all 4 kids when they were in middle school as well as the parents of the driver and one other passenger. I was blocked in by emergency vehicles and had no choice but wait for a long time. Was still there when parents arrived. Not a good day.

In March I just missed seeing a bad one. Was the 1st vehicle on the scene and stopped to help. A 17 year old girl driver with three 20 year old guys in the car blew through a stop sign across a divided hwy. They were T-boned by an older 4 Runner driven by a couple in their 60's. They are shaken, but not hurt. Air bag deployed and probably helped a lot. Don't know how fast anyone was driving, but speed limit is 65 on the 4 lane at that point. I'm guessing drugs or texting while driving but who knows.

Right rear passenger opens door and gets out as we pull up. His face is a bloody mess and most of his teeth are gone, but he is walking. Left rear passenger is laying in the seat moving his arm so I know he is alive at this point. The other 3 doors are jammed shut and we can't get to front seat occupants, but they have eyes open staring blankly ahead. I reach through broken glass and get right rear passenger upright in the seat and position his head to open airway until help arrives. According to EMT he has a faint pulse when they arrive, but the decision is made that he probably won't make it and they need to cut front passengers out ASAP. I step away and go to my truck and watch. By the time they get front passengers out the guy in the back is dead. The other 2 are airlifted from the scene.

10. Jul 28, 2017 at 7:56 PM
    Doogz

Doogz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    2009 MGM AC
    yep..
    Seen a few where the parties didn't make it and they were quite gruesome and sad.

But one time I was on my way home on a back road at night and came across a sedan sitting on it's roof in the middle of a straight road, no trees or obstacles anywhere. I was the first driver there. The guy was fine, he was hammered and still hanging in his seat with the seatbelt on. He said he was fine and didnt want to move. I heard sirens so I left. Pretty funny. Looking back, I should have been more thorough making sure he was truly ok.

Products Discussed in

To Top