Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Wakeskate/Wakeboard/wakesurf bs thread..

Old 07-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #21
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I had about 14 attempts at a 180 yesterday, and today I feel like I was in a boxing match. I came really close to landing it. I'll get it next weekend and then try a 360.
Try going in one handed and simply passing the handle to your other hand during your jump. It'll help you around.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
Try going in one handed and simply passing the handle to your other hand during your jump. It'll help you around.
I'll try that, thanks. I got the spin down almost perfect every time but I was having trouble getting my weight adjusted onto my toe side and not letting the rope pull me over. I was going big all the way across the wakes. The last attempt I said f*** and did a nose grab while spinning and came the closest to landing it.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #23
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
I hate fakie. I used to skate, I snowboard and I wakeboard and fakie is STILL the most awkward position for me. Guess sideways sports are not my forte!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #24
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
im not that great of a wakeboarder but ill contribute to get this thread goin,
i can't find any pictures of me recently but this was back wen i was like 15 lol going for a small grab

love our centurion air warrior its got a pretty big ballast tank and we have phat saks also

and this is my buddy from a couple weekends ago

I'm trying to go more but the transmission went out on the boat a few weeks ago so it'll sit the rest of the summer and hopefully be up by next year
Old 07-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #27
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I ride tubes like a motherfucker.
haha lets see this, i think tubing is a lot more interesting to watch
Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #29
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
yall ever ride a kite tube?

Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #30
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
I hate fakie. I used to skate, I snowboard and I wakeboard and fakie is STILL the most awkward position for me. Guess sideways sports are not my forte!
I can ride fakie just not very well yet. I think it would be easier for me to land a 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken taco View Post
what i do on 360s is wrap the rope around me so when i hit the wake it helps me rotate.
I'm going to try that next time I'm out. I'll let ya'll know how it goes. I'm catching big air behind a 16' whaler with 4 people in it, then I get in my boat with the tower and 6 people and it feels like I'm flying. It would be nice if I had a proper wakeboard boat, or atleast knew somebody with one, but I'm doing pretty good with what I have.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #31
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

last time jumping this resulted in this....dont lock your knees.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #32
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Looks familiar!

I'm just the photographer, not a wakeboarder. But we go a few times a year out to Lake Mead. Next trip is in 2 weeks. Houseboat, Ebbtide I/B 454 and 2 SeaDoos. Bringing 2 wakeskates and 1 board. Should be a fun time!

From our last trip in March. COLD ASS WATER. Especially at 6:00am when it's like glass.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #33
broken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
broken taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Quote:
what i do on 360s is wrap the rope around me so when i hit the wake it helps me rotate.
I'm going to try that next time I'm out. I'll let ya'll know how it goes. I'm catching big air behind a 16' whaler with 4 people in it, then I get in my boat with the tower and 6 people and it feels like I'm flying. It would be nice if I had a proper wakeboard boat, or atleast knew somebody with one, but I'm doing pretty good with what I have.
yea i do it behind a ski boat that doesnt put out much wake. ide love a real wakeboard boat. and iknow i got a video somewhere of me doing a 360. ille try to find it.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #34
broken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
broken taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
yall ever ride a kite tube?

nope. that looks intense. is it up in the air the whole time or will it like slam you back down onto the water? cuz one time i was tubing, it was me and one other person on on tube and two others on another. and me and the other guy on my tube jubed on the other tube so all 4 of us were on one tube. and the other tube would fly like 40 feet in the air and the drop supper quick and slam into us or the water. one time when it dive bombed us it hit us all in the head and somehow chipped a guys tooth and made another kid bite his tongue really bad. it was funny though because it didnt hurt me
Old 07-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #37
walter is on a distinguished road
walter's Tacoma Gallery
i motorboat like a motherfucker
Old 07-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #38
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nope. that looks intense. is it up in the air the whole time or will it like slam you back down onto the water? cuz one time i was tubing, it was me and one other person on on tube and two others on another. and me and the other guy on my tube jubed on the other tube so all 4 of us were on one tube. and the other tube would fly like 40 feet in the air and the drop supper quick and slam into us or the water. one time when it dive bombed us it hit us all in the head and somehow chipped a guys tooth and made another kid bite his tongue really bad. it was funny though because it didnt hurt me

I've got 5 of them at the house they're now illegal, at least in SC, because people were getting hurt and even killed from getting slammed or thrown from them. If you're good you can move your body and control which way it goes. I've still got 5 and have had people offer me thousands of dollars for one since DNR and river patrol started confiscating them shortly after they became illegal. Fun as hell and I still take my out once a blue moon. When I heard about them being banned via my family members whom are LEO I put my life savings into buy like 20 of them and have since recouped my money with a nice chunk of profit.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #39
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Also went out this past weekend and got up first shot with pure upper body. I use to put the bar on my knees until I got out the water and it was easier to hold on but didn't have to this weekend.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I've got 5 of them at the house they're now illegal, at least in SC, because people were getting hurt and even killed from getting slammed or thrown from them. If you're good you can move your body and control which way it goes. I've still got 5 and have had people offer me thousands of dollars for one since DNR and river patrol started confiscating them shortly after they became illegal. Fun as hell and I still take my out once a blue moon. When I heard about them being banned via my family members whom are LEO I put my life savings into buy like 20 of them and have since recouped my money with a nice chunk of profit.
illegal in Florida also, i think everywhere actually.