Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Motocross Crash

Old 06-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Bartle Do Member
MXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith Stone
MXscott14's Tacoma Gallery
Motocross Crash

http://youtu.be/hvIREbhTeRM?hd=1
Old 06-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
omg
did he live?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shiet
Old 06-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Bartle Do Member
MXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

He broke both tib and fib in both legs and broke his right foot in 6 places
Old 06-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
ouch!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch!!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Best friend in upstate NY did something similar, only YZ450 landed on his chest. He was life-flighted to the hospital. he is alive, but will forever live with the damage.
Scary.....
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Similar thing happened to me last summer. Cased a double and I broke tib and fib in my left leg
Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I broke my tib / fib and a bone in my foot riding mx and it is not fun, the spiral fracture I had required mutiple surguries and the pain was really intense. I feel for this guy!

My external fixator pics '06
This happened in April 06', dissregaurd the dates.

Nothing like a rod thought the sole of you foot

Still hardcore, lol,

Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, those kinda accidents are the worst kind. As a racer myself, I have come to accept that every time I make a lap around the track, it very well could be my last...Sure hope this guy is okay.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #14
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Why didn't he stay on the bike? You think he would have got hurt worse?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #15
Bartle Do Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
handle bars to the jaw, face (even with helmet), and chest hurt.......theres no way the suspension would have absorbed the landing without smashing his body/face/head into his bars.

Its usually best to "throw" the bike away from you and hoping to break a leg instead of ribs which can puncture a lung, or getting ur jaw wired shut.

This is from my short stint at 2 wheels and living near glen helen raceway, perris raceway, starwest, and some "other riding spots"........including the one off reche canyon that I believe was joel albrechts track and "Jeffro" Emig would go out there.

IIRC yamaha had a test track up by glen helen also.
actually, if he stayed on the bike the injuries would of been less than they are now, the suspension helps more than nothing.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #16
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!.

Should have held onto that bike until the medics got there, lol.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
I raced for 15 years... Never bought into ditching the bike. The suspension is going to absorb some of the blow.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
CSanders is on a distinguished road
Name: Craig
CSanders's Tacoma Gallery
Natural reaction to get rid of it... Had my fair share of bad crashes on bikes. Just now giving up the racing life to start a career. Raced desert, extreme-enduro and endurocross with a little bit of moto. way too many times i wake up with dreams about this exact same thing happening.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
UnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
UnGreased Fist's Tacoma Gallery
This was my old roommate at least years Parker 250. Tuff kid right there

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOfZN...e_gdata_player

Defending Vegas to Reno champ
Old 06-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #20
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
handle bars to the jaw, face (even with helmet), and chest hurt.......theres no way the suspension would have absorbed the landing without smashing his body/face/head into his bars.

Its usually best to "throw" the bike away from you and hoping to break a leg instead of ribs which can puncture a lung, or getting ur jaw wired shut.

This is from my short stint at 2 wheels and living near glen helen raceway, perris raceway, starwest, and some "other riding spots"........including the one off reche canyon that I believe was joel albrechts track and "Jeffro" Emig would go out there.

IIRC yamaha had a test track up by glen helen also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXscott14 View Post
actually, if he stayed on the bike the injuries would of been less than they are now, the suspension helps more than nothing.
Quote:
coin toss I suppose.........ive seen some bas stuff happen both ways.
Forward inertia can be pretty tricky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I raced for 15 years... Never bought into ditching the bike. The suspension is going to absorb some of the blow.
The suspension absorbs something, dirt absorbs nothing. Take a look at major crashes that the person stayed on and got hurt, Seth Enslow for instance, if he jumped off his bike in the long jumps he would be dead no question. How many times have you seen a professional jump off his bike? Almost never. As long as your landing on both wheel its always going to be better to stay on the bike