Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

KEG transporting... 700miles?

Old 06-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
KEG transporting... 700miles?

i have an empty keg of Shiner Bock.... and seeing as i live in oklahoma city, cant get good beer... i am going to biloxi for training, i was going to take my empty keg of shiner, take it up to alabama and exchange it for a full keg of Yuengling so i dont have to pay the keg deposit... you cant buy yuengling in oklahoma, would like to put it in my kegerator...

so if i put this empty keg in my truck bed... and have it sit there for a month or two till i get back, will i have to worry about it expanding and contracting? will it build pressure and explode? dont know much about kegs... i was thinking since its empty it wont expand.... whats a good way to transport it?

i was thinking one of those big rubbermade containers where it has the red latchs on the side, that way i can run a lock through it and lock it to the bed... and on the trip home fill it with ice to keep my Yuengling cold...

any ideas?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Doc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doc
Doc35's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to be there a month or two wait until you're ready to head home to make the swap.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredFF View Post
If you're going to be there a month or two wait until you're ready to head home to make the swap.
that was the plan, when i go to drive back here, i'm going to swing up to mobile buy the keg and drive back to oklahoma

just wanted to make sure i can keep the empty in my truck for 2 months without damaging it
Old 06-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Won't be a problem at all.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #5

Air Force:
good good. just wanted to verify