1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

jet ski help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by fiestee23, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Jun 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    fiestee23

fiestee23 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Theresa
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner SR5
    6" ProComp lift w/coilovers, 35" ProComp A/T tires, Volant Intake, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Pioneer In-dash Navigation, NFAB tube steps, 6500 lb tow package, POP n LOCK tailgate lock, Air lift Bags, and MORE.....
    Anyone know anything about jetskis???? Trying to sell mine and suddenly they wont start

2. Jun 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM
    Hydrolai

Hydrolai Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    friendswood
    Vehicle:
    trd off road 4x4
    Firestick NGP Uniden 520 PROXL BadaBling! 6k Hid Plasti-Dip Wheels/Badges Leds Bed Lights
    what year is it and how long has it been sitting. and is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke ?

3. Jun 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    fiestee23

Member:
    First Name:
    Theresa
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner SR5
    6" ProComp lift w/coilovers, 35" ProComp A/T tires, Volant Intake, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Pioneer In-dash Navigation, NFAB tube steps, 6500 lb tow package, POP n LOCK tailgate lock, Air lift Bags, and MORE.....
    2 stroke Kawasaki 1100stx. All guages light up. It did this weeks ago... then I.tried started it again few days later and it started right up. Now its doing the same thing... nothing

4. Jun 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    fiestee23

Member:
    First Name:
    Theresa
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner SR5
    All spark plugs new. That same battery started the smaller ski and it was just charged on the trickle charger. New oil and gas was winterized. Its just not turning over at all. Read somewhere on.the internet to get new battery

5. Jun 15, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    Hydrolai

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    friendswood
    Vehicle:
    trd off road 4x4
    Firestick NGP Uniden 520 PROXL BadaBling! 6k Hid Plasti-Dip Wheels/Badges Leds Bed Lights
    if the batteries fairly new then try to get one of those better chargers that can condition the battery. or if you want get a new battery. but if its gauges arent even coming on then batteries dead and needs a good charge.

6. Jun 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM
    fiestee23

Member:
    First Name:
    Theresa
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner SR5
    Guages r on

7. Jun 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
    Hydrolai

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    friendswood
    Vehicle:
    trd off road 4x4
    if gauges light up and you try to turn it over. and it just go click once it doesnt have enough amps to crank the starter. Atleast on my sea doo it does that everything comes on and beeps but wont crank gauges turn off when i try to crank but come back on when i let off.

8. Jun 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    I'd guess battery...that's what ours do when they need a new one (Kawasaki 1100STX and Ultra 150). It takes hardly any juice at all to light the gauges up. And in my experience, jet ski batteries aren't worth a damn trying to recharge after they've been sitting.

9. Jun 18, 2012 at 12:34 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Funny I just bought one that won't start now... It just thunked like the started engaged but didn't have enough juice to turn it over. Put a new battery in and same thing, thunk with no crank. I pulled the spark plugs to see if it would crank with no compression and was promptly squirted in the face with a jet of water :eek: apparently I filled the engine with water somehow, and water won't compress like air so it just stopped the engine from moving at all. I'm currently trying to get enough water out to where it'll fire and clear the rest of the water out on its own. I guess you could try this, but has it been in the water since you winterized it? Obviously they don't spontaneously fill with water so it has to have been in the water recently to have filled with water. Also, have you been running it out of the water with just a hose tapped into the cooling system? I've seen lots of people that turned the hose on before starting the engine and filling the cylinders with water through the exhaust.

Summary: To check if you have water in the engine, pull all the spark plugs and then hit the starter. If water squirts out, you have water in the cylinders and need to take immediate action to get it out. I'll give further instructions if this ends up being the case.

10. Jun 18, 2012 at 12:40 PM
    scionicboom

scionicboom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner Crew Cab
    Clazzio seat covers, Stubby antenna, debadged, tint, window visors, Flowmaster 40, Grillcraft, Tube Steps, Undercover, Kenwood DDX419, Pyle Headrest monitors.
    Subbing to see if anyone else has any ideas. I have a 4-stroke Yamaha and it did this same exact thing to me a month ago. I replaced the spark plugs and everything worked great a couple times out to the lake. But last week it did it to me again. I tried a few minutes later and it started right up again.

Products Discussed in

To Top