Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

jet ski help

Old 06-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
fiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theresa
fiestee23's Tacoma Gallery
Angry jet ski help

Anyone know anything about jetskis???? Trying to sell mine and suddenly they wont start
Old 06-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Hydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to behold
Name: Johnny
Hydrolai's Tacoma Gallery
what year is it and how long has it been sitting. and is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke ?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
fiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2 stroke Kawasaki 1100stx. All guages light up. It did this weeks ago... then I.tried started it again few days later and it started right up. Now its doing the same thing... nothing
Old 06-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #4

All spark plugs new. That same battery started the smaller ski and it was just charged on the trickle charger. New oil and gas was winterized. Its just not turning over at all. Read somewhere on.the internet to get new battery
Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Hydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to beholdHydrolai is a splendid one to behold
if the batteries fairly new then try to get one of those better chargers that can condition the battery. or if you want get a new battery. but if its gauges arent even coming on then batteries dead and needs a good charge.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #6

Guages r on
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
if gauges light up and you try to turn it over. and it just go click once it doesnt have enough amps to crank the starter. Atleast on my sea doo it does that everything comes on and beeps but wont crank gauges turn off when i try to crank but come back on when i let off.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
I'd guess battery...that's what ours do when they need a new one (Kawasaki 1100STX and Ultra 150). It takes hardly any juice at all to light the gauges up. And in my experience, jet ski batteries aren't worth a damn trying to recharge after they've been sitting.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Funny I just bought one that won't start now... It just thunked like the started engaged but didn't have enough juice to turn it over. Put a new battery in and same thing, thunk with no crank. I pulled the spark plugs to see if it would crank with no compression and was promptly squirted in the face with a jet of water apparently I filled the engine with water somehow, and water won't compress like air so it just stopped the engine from moving at all. I'm currently trying to get enough water out to where it'll fire and clear the rest of the water out on its own. I guess you could try this, but has it been in the water since you winterized it? Obviously they don't spontaneously fill with water so it has to have been in the water recently to have filled with water. Also, have you been running it out of the water with just a hose tapped into the cooling system? I've seen lots of people that turned the hose on before starting the engine and filling the cylinders with water through the exhaust.

Summary: To check if you have water in the engine, pull all the spark plugs and then hit the starter. If water squirts out, you have water in the cylinders and need to take immediate action to get it out. I'll give further instructions if this ends up being the case.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
scionicboom is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
scionicboom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestee23 View Post
2 stroke Kawasaki 1100stx. All guages light up. It did this weeks ago... then I.tried started it again few days later and it started right up. Now its doing the same thing... nothing
Subbing to see if anyone else has any ideas. I have a 4-stroke Yamaha and it did this same exact thing to me a month ago. I replaced the spark plugs and everything worked great a couple times out to the lake. But last week it did it to me again. I tried a few minutes later and it started right up again.