Notices

Any of you fellas shave your head?

View Poll Results: Worth it?
Yes 41 70.69%
No 17 29.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #21
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckel7234 View Post
Just an idea would Nair work pretty good
Probably be pretty bad if it got into your eyes plus you might only gain an extra week using it. It's a caustic so it can be hard on your skin. I wouldn't.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #22
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
I been shaving down to the skin for six years now. It takes longer to shave my face, than my head. I just use soap and water as lather and a fusion razor. I completely LOVE it. The ladies like it too from what I can tell. You have to have the correct shape to your skull tho. Some are really shaped wrong, and it does not look good.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #23
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Won't the nair run down and make you bald everywhere?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #24
keggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bill
keggerdude's Tacoma Gallery
I shave mine every other day or so.low maintenance..
Old 06-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #25
Short Sweet & Hard to beat!
craignthem08 is on a distinguished road

Name: Pineapple
craignthem08's Tacoma Gallery
I shave mine everyother day with the Headblade. Been doing so for about 10 years, really easy once you get the hang of it. It becomes second nature like shaving your face.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #26
Bodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud of

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
im shaving it here in a few hours, when i was in i always shaved it with #2, and just did the bald thing while deployed. The only thing im kind of worried about is how large my head is, deployed i never gave a shit but we'll see how it works in the civilian world
I got a big melon too but have been buzzing it down to the wood for over 18 years now. I haven't had to brush my hair or pay for a barber in that long either. i love the way it looks and the low maintenance, just like mowing the lawn once a week.

Also, in my line of work there is always the possibility of getting into physical altercations and having hair gives the dirty fighters out there something else to grab onto.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:51 AM   #27
Beach Patrol is on a distinguished road

Beach Patrol's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

The money you'll save on shampoo and conditioner will make your next Tacoma down payment...
Old 06-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #28
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
i love it, but i still feel a good amount of stubble with the gillete i used

Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #29
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta do it three or four shaves, the first time going to skin. It really does become low maintenance, but my hair grows like a weed. Skin bald to a bit over three inches in under two and a half months.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #30
koch1024 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Andy
koch1024's Tacoma Gallery
I have the head blade but I like the fusion better. Been bald for about 10 years. I shave it every couple days.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:47 AM   #31
FASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to all
Name: Gregg
FASTK's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=jeckel7234;5261437]i love it, but i still feel a good amount of stubble with the gillete i used.

Against the grain will leave it smooth.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #32
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so none you experienced guys use that head blade the one with wheels
I used the Headblade for a while, it was a pain to rinse during shaving. I use the Mach 3 now, have for about ten years.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #33
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
I do..use the Schick extreme3 fitstyle ( it's a disposable..conforms to the shape of your head ). I tried with a regular gilette and hacked my head all up..too curved i guess ?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #34
Drewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Drewski's Tacoma Gallery
Bought some old school Wahl clippers, back before my Gen 1 Taco was born. Still using them weekly to buzz what's left of my previously heavy blond mane down to 000. Tried the razor before... yikes. Itchy as hell.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #35
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
I shave mine and it's not too bad to keep up. Go off to Sally's and buy yourself a straight razor. The best way to go. Will take some getting used to but the results can't be beat. Twice a week you will have to do it.
If you decide to go this route PM me and I'l explain the rest of the procedure. I'm a Barber so I know how and you can learn also.
Did I mention it's so much cheaper than purchasing those other blades/razors
Old 07-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #36
Tuckaseetacoma is on a distinguished road
Army: Parhfinder
Name: Gary
Tuckaseetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Been shaving mine since 03 . Bought the whal clipper set at a beuty supply store. Use a vibrating Mach 3 razor. No bumps or itching
Old 07-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #37
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Been shaving my head for about 5 years now. I use the fusion every other day. From time to time I will let it grow out and it reminds me how much hair I am loosing.

Tried the head blade a few years ago (before they added the wheel) and did not like it. The blade refill would clog easly and was hard to rinse out. Maybe they have changed that part...
Old 07-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #38
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Tried the Headblade but went back to the Fusion.
Shave face and head in the shower every night before bed.

Switched to shaving my face with a straight.
Done a few headshaves with the straight, but I usually use the Fusion unless I just really want some "me" time.

I used Headslick for all shaving for years, but switched to traditional shaving soaps and creams applied with badger brushes last Thanksgiving.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #39
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
The only negative thing about shaving my head is the cold winters and the burning summers.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #40
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
The only negative thing about shaving my head is the cold winters and the burning summers.
Felt fedora in the winter.
Panama in the summer