1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Have You Seen This? Karen Klein Bullying Incident

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RMAN808, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Where's the revolt thread over that BS ? :)

2. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    seriously though, wtf is wrong with the world? There's no moral, ethics or respect AT ALL it seems...sad really!

I hope she takes that money, retires and lives out the rest of her life being waited on hand and foot like she deserves!

3. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    we never had monitors, just drivers that would pull over and discipline if need be. of course there were never kids this bad though.

4. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    Taco76087

Taco76087 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Weatherford,Texas
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma prerunner TRD SR5
    Rockford Fosgate p2 10'', Q-Logic Enclosure, JVC KD-PDR30 Ipod Connection, Rockford p200.2 Amp, Clear Corners, KING Coilovers, Rancho Rear shocks FJ TRD Trail Teams Wheels with 285/75/16 Duratracs
    :facepalm: I wouldn't even think of saying any of what they were saying to anything, let alone another human being, that did NOTHING to them. Kids have changed a lot from when I was their age I that video, I'm I'm not even that old, I really don't know what to think of the new generation of kids, it scares me that they have absolutely no respect.

5. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I agree

I always treat the elderly as I would want someone to treat my Grandparents

6. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    ColtsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    fuckin right!

I think to myself when I get irritated with the elderly..."thats someones grandma or grandpa".

7. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    PkTaco

PkTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Zanesville Ohio
    When I was in school my bus driver would have stopped the bus and told us to walk had any of the students done that.

The school can actually refuse those students the right to ride public transportation as well.

8. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    probably because of the way (or lack therof) their parent(s) have raised them...

...when i was in public skrool many moons ago, there we some groups of unruly kids who would do stuff like this... so, i don't know if this is a "new phenomena", ...but probably it's more visible today because of the proliferation of miniature photo/video devices/phones, etc... BTW, most all of the troublemakers/bullies from my time in skrool were from single-parent homes...

9. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    Taco76087

Taco76087 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Weatherford,Texas
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma prerunner TRD SR5
    Rockford Fosgate p2 10'', Q-Logic Enclosure, JVC KD-PDR30 Ipod Connection, Rockford p200.2 Amp, Clear Corners, KING Coilovers, Rancho Rear shocks FJ TRD Trail Teams Wheels with 285/75/16 Duratracs
    Solves many problems

[​IMG]

10. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    ColtsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Everything boils down to a CHOICE!

They "chose" to fuckin act like that and I don't give 2 shits about the family issues! No fucking excuse to ever treat anyone like that!!! Everyday, we have a choice to make the day what we want it to be....i'm sure as fuck glad I choose to NOT do anything like this!!!

11. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    ...hmmmm..... :spy:

12. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    What's happened to the American family (certainly not to exclude our Canadian brethren here) is appalling. The slow degeneration caused by the growth of single-parent households leading in large part to the absence of strong, present fathers; our schools failing to discipline children for fear of the escalated and frequent threat of legal action--"I'll sue you!"; and our nation's expanded acceptance of immoral behavior, and it's ultimate failure to hold all people to a high standard of behavior in our shared civilized society.

Disagree with me if you will, but I also believe three contributing factors exist (at a minimum): First, the ease of access and use of the internet, which has led children today to communicate far differently than we did growing up; meaning, it's easy to be a tough guy when you can act anonymously without fear of accountability or physical reprisal. Not too mention instant access to topics, subject-matter, and media none of us in our youth would have ever thought existed. Second, the lack of discipline at all levels of a child's development. From the home, to the schoolroom, to the streets, children are not disciplined either by corporal-style punishment and/or other rigid methods. And third--and some may have a problem with this but I believe many of you will agree--the absolute condemnation and excoriation of religion and the moral values it brings to bear... which has led to the complete removal or even recognition of these morals within our educational systems. In fact, as many of you know just be reading the news, many of our schools have a habit of punishing even the slightest demonstration or promotion of religion (such as wearing a cross or t-shirt with a religious saying).

It sickens me what I saw in this video, and it's all so damn commonplace nowadays. We are raising (as a society) punks, crybabies, whiners, gluttons, and spoiled brats. Many children have absolutely no sense of right or wrong, no respect and compassion, and haven't a clue about duty and citizenship. We are losing our future... and it's a very sad, sad thing to witness.

How do we turn this horribly negative trend around? Because we are fast approaching the cliff my friends.

13. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    +1

well said, though i wouldn't put so much blame on the internet.... but you hit the nail on the head w/ the denigration of morality/values, religion, the "litigious" nature of, ...and one more thing that i'd add: the diminishment in a parent's ability to discipline and raise their children due to restrictive child protection laws...

14. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road

I'll agree... very true. But to clarify, it's not the internet I blame, it's a child's ease of unsupervised access to it I have a problem with. Thanks!

15. Jun 21, 2012 at 9:57 PM
    SoCalTacos

SoCalTacos Turd runner

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    They should send all 12-15 year olds to military academy to get their shit straight.
    Let these kids keep acting like that...one day it'll be the wrong motherfucker around and the outcome of that video will be different.

16. Jun 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    FarmBoyTaco

FarmBoyTaco Work Hard, Stay Humble

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    California
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Off-Road DCSB MGM
    So I didn't watch the video, but where the hell is the bus driver in all of this? Seriously what is happening with these kids today?

17. Jun 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    RMAN808

RMAN808 [OP] S)(AKALO)(AWAII

Member:
    First Name:
    Reid
    Pearl City, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD OR 4X4 Quicksand
    According to an article it seems the driver was truly, completely unaware of the situation and had apologized to her personally for the lack of.

18. Jun 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM
    FarmBoyTaco

FarmBoyTaco Work Hard, Stay Humble

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    California
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Off-Road DCSB MGM
    Understandable, I don't know why I didn't think about it, but kids can be loud on buses and the bus driver may not have been able to hear the things the kids were saying.

My dad can't hear the kids sometimes, but then again he is half deaf.

19. Jun 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    This is why I don't want to have kids. America is so fucked up now when it comes to raising children, and little duechebags like this can do this all day. As soon as you so much as lay a finger on them you are doomed for an ass raping in prison. Yet they can get away with this shit, and get a slap on the wrist. I would have gotten off the bus at his house and asked the kid with the phone to show his father. Then tell them if they didn't beat the shit out of them in front of me, and make him wear a dress to school the next day, I would press charges to the fullest extent of the law.

20. Jun 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    Im so pissed off now..

Products Discussed in