LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Churches tax free?

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, anyone that don't pay taxes should have to drive in the ditch, quit using public transportation, and not send their kids to public schools because all of us pay for that stuff with our taxes. I don't like paying taxes as much as the next guy, but I do enjoy having nice roads to drive on, national parks, good schools and other public buildings and places in this country. Paying taxes is part of our duty and commitment to live here, yes the economy is bad and our government may be a little corrupt, but we are better off than many other countries and should be very thankful for what we have.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
When a Church acts in this way, They should no longer be tax exempt. I think all churches should have to pay taxes on their earnings and real estate.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/22/12359748-roman-catholic-church-official-convicted-of-endangerment-in-priest-abuse-trial?lite/
Blame the entire church for the actions of a few?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Personally, anyone that don't pay taxes should have to drive in the ditch, quit using public transportation, and not send their kids to public schools because all of us pay for that stuff with our taxes. I don't like paying taxes as much as the next guy, but I do enjoy having nice roads to drive on, national parks, good schools and other public buildings and places in this country. Paying taxes is part of our duty and commitment to live here, yes the economy is bad and our government may be a little corrupt, but we are better off than many other countries and should be very thankful for what we have.
I'm sure (some) people that attend that church pay taxes. As well as those that church has working for them.

I've never had a child in public schools, I'm one working guy with one child only (who lives with me) and no wife and paid $1,100 in income taxes last week alone...is that fair?

Our country is puking on it's own inability to control it's urge to spend money we don't have and we need to wake up and act accordingly or there will be no country left.

It's not a matter of robbing those who produce as much as giving to those who don't & (over)spending on projects not needed.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
churches make a fuck ton of money. -_-

Old 06-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
soooo... how did that article have anything to do with churches and their tax exemptions?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
soooo... how did that article have anything to do with churches and their tax exemptions?
nothing,.I only hate the fact churches go tax free, and then I saw this article and it pissed me off. But, the church protected the abusers and that should mean a BIG penalty in my book. I don't agree with churches being exempt from the laws that you and I have to obey, especially if I don't subscribe to any particular "faith" if thats what you want to call it.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
nothing,.I only hate the fact churches go tax free, and then I saw this article and it pissed me off. But, the church protected the abusers and that should mean a BIG penalty in my book. I don't agree with churches being exempt from the laws that you and I have to obey, especially if I don't subscribe to any particular "faith" if thats what you want to call it.
oh ok. . i mean, yeah the events in that article are super screwed up no doubt. but the thing about taxes, it's peoples money that they're giving to fund churches. it's not like its your tax dollars thats running them, or government grants. it's the members already taxed income that they are voluntary giving.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
oh ok. . i mean, yeah the events in that article are super screwed up no doubt. but the thing about taxes, it's peoples money that they're giving to fund churches. it's not like its your tax dollars thats running them, or government grants. it's the members already taxed income that they are voluntary giving.
this. All of the money funding churches are donations. If you donated say 1000 to fight child hunger would you want the government taking 6% of the money you voluntarily gave to help what you believed in then spending that 6% on say a senator's salary?

Old 06-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Churches should pay tax like every other corporation

Old 06-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
So should EVERY non for profit company pay taxes too?
Churches make money

Old 06-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
What about the 46 percent of Americans who are exempt from paying taxes? Not just churches...
Everybody should pay tax

Edit : everybody above the federal set exemption / poverty line

In the US system , the richest of the rich should pay more than they do now too

Old 06-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Everybody should pay tax

Edit : everybody above the federal set exemption / poverty line

In the US system , the richest of the rich should pay more than they do now too
agreed x100000

but i 100% disagree on the edit.....

Old 06-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
agreed x100000

but i 100% disagree on the edit.....
Lol

That makes sense , have the poor all pay while not increasing the LOW taxes if the richest of the rich

Old 06-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
The poor can be taxed as well....maybe not monetarily but they can pay by donating their time to humanitarian projects or getting up off the fucking couch if able.
Just because someone is poor doesn't make them lazy

Old 06-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough

2004tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Zombies and anarchy, problem solved

Old 06-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #18
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
if someone worked hard their whole life and made a good living and earned alot of money...they should not be taxed more when there is people that dont even pay taxs and get all the handouts...

Old 06-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
if someone worked hard their whole life and made a good living and earned alot of money...they should not be taxed more when there is people that dont even pay taxs and get all the handouts...
There again assuming someone who is " poor " is getting handouts

The super rich should not have to pay a higher percentage of tax than the average person , but they certainly should not be paying a LOWER percentage

Old 06-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
But thanks for the fact. I will file that in the shit OZ says just to be a dick file.
Lol , WTF

Closed Thread