Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

I don't get this.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I don't get this.

So a friend and I were having this conversation. We were discussing names of things. For example:

Grape Nuts cereal

You open the box and what do you see? You see cereal. No grapes, no nuts. Just dry little nuggets that remind me of what gets stuck in your throat that you cough up every once in a while. I mean, why did they name it this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meatless Meatballs

I mean, come on! Why name this a MEAT ball? There's no meat!! Okay granted they say it's meatless, but why do they call it a meatball? Why don't they call it a tofu ball? Or vegetarian ball? Why do they call it something that will repulse the targeted consumer? VEGETARIANS!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spinbrush

Okay I must admit I went and bought this thinking "Hey! This seems to be interesting! I think I'll try it!" Well let me tell YOU something. This mofo does not spin. Nope. It swivels. Goes back and forth. It twitches. But it does not spin. So I called the number on the back of the package and asked the lady why it's named that way when it doesn't spin. Her answer? "It doesn't spin? Gee, I don't know why they call it that." Alllllrightythen. Thankyouverymuch for your help.

Pfft.

What's with using names like this? Oh please don't say it's marketing, because to me, it all seems false. No grapes, no nuts, no meat, no spin.

Shenanigans, I say. SHENANIGANS!!
Old 06-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Advertising...advertising...lol
Old 06-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways ? ( I can explain this one at least )
Old 06-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Braille menus on the drive-up ATM?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Just dry little nuggets that remind me of what gets stuck in your throat that you cough up every once in a while.
I dont cough up dry nuggets of anything once in a while lol
Old 06-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Someones been hittin the booze early.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Someones been hittin the booze early.

Who are you talking about? Me? I don't drink. This came up because I carry these stupid Tofu balls in the warehouse.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
I have tried those things they should be called grape gravel I let them sit in the milk for half an hour and were still hard enough to be used as bb shot for a 12ga shot shell. And if they ever forced truth in advertising there would be alot of products either not on the shelves anymore or lol not selling to well.

Cypher
Old 06-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Who are you talking about? Me? I don't drink. This came up because I carry these stupid Tofu balls in the warehouse.
Ah, my mistake..i appologize my dear.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Your warehouse is full of vegetarian balls ?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #11

I sell produce items. Tofu is considered MEATLESS so then it's considered produce.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
So since candy is meatless is it produce?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #13
Ka like a wheel

I would think that tofu would be considered produce because it's made from soybeans...
Old 06-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

Nice rant BBT, and I agree... sometimes marketing people have some downright stupid tactics.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #15
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
I dont cough up dry nuggets of anything once in a while lol
I used to get those when I was a kid. I called them stinky's.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Will never understand this.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
So since candy is meatless is it produce?
Of course not, silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
I would think that tofu would be considered produce because it's made from soybeans...
And that's why we carry it. Gosh...as ironic as it is, I think of soylent green when I think of Tofu.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
Ka like a wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazzyB View Post
Will never understand this.
Mass production technique. Since they don't know where the ATM is going to be placed they're all made the same way. It's cheaper than the time/effort involved in tracking where it will be used.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #20
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
Mass production technique. Since they don't know where the ATM is going to be placed they're all made the same way. It's cheaper than the time/effort involved in tracking where it will be used.
But it's not mass-production.
It's different.

The keyboard and screen on the drive-through ATM are like |
The keyboard and screen on the regular ATM are like \

Totally different layout, positions of the card, cash, deposit, and receipt slots, keys, monitor, and keyboard. It's a completely different item.