Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Toyota Hilux!!!!! WTFFF

Old 06-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Hilux!!!!! WTFFF

Ok so I am at my friends place in nicaragua right now and they have on 08 Hilux and may i just say.... why the hell can't we have these in the US?!?!
They are so sick.. they definitely aren't as appealing to the eye as our tacos but the deisel and option for turbo'd deisel are so sick and the manual 4WD instead of our turn knob for 4x4...
I looked up trying to get one into the US and the only ways are if you only do it temporarily or have it made to US specs i guess( not sure what they are) and if yu do that there is a 20% duty and tax due on the price i guess.... anyone got any ideas or know why they don't allow them as they are? i would trade my taco in a heart beat
Old 06-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The US market is completely different than overseas. The Tacoma and what it has is what the US market wants. Also it may have a manual case but I bet it still has the ADD front axle so not completely manual.

So it was sick like not running right?

Hilux thread #8572398205473809547389643789023476234
Old 06-29-2012, 01:33 AM   #3
tacoma.nut is on a distinguished road
Name: Beeb
tacoma.nut's Tacoma Gallery
They have to meet US safety stuff. We might have a better chance of getting them imported a lot cheaper if we had a group buy. Count me in if someone does this.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
The diesel topic is so played out.

If you want a diesel so badly, get one.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
The diesel topic is so played out.

If you want a diesel so badly, get one.
i do want one... tacoma size!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post
i do want one... tacoma size!
Go fill up with diesel and go for a drive.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
someone put the d4d in their tacoma. that is the best option so far and by no means cheap
Old 07-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
Banned
http://dieseltoys.com/

^^^$25K+ for the conversion. So not worth it.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
I don't understand the whole diesel in a midsize thing.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
OP must be new to Toyota. lol
Old 07-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
I don't understand the whole diesel in a midsize thing.
I'm guessing better gas mileage, torque, reliability, less servicing.

I dunno, I could be wrong.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I'm guessing better gas mileage, torque, reliability, less servicing.

I dunno, I could be wrong.

Better MPGs and torque yeah but service is a nightmare and reliability is about the same.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

Better MPGs and torque yeah but service is a nightmare and reliability is about the same.
Didn't know you had such extensive experience with the diesel option in the Toyota Hilux, Christian.

I'd like to see the Hilux next time I'm up in the LA area.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Didn't know you had such extensive experience with the diesel option in the Toyota Hilux, Christian.

I'd like to see the Hilux next time I'm up in the LA area.
No experience with it but I'm sure it isn't anything special.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Americans are stupid..they don't want a hilux cause it is so good everywhere else in the world!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Americans are stupid..they don't want a hilux cause it is so good everywhere else in the world!
Ya know, because the American population voted not to have the Hilux here.