1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Members from Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luk8272, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Jan 1, 2009 at 6:35 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    We'll be taking vacation to Pigeon Forge, TN in the next 6 months. I was looking into finding a place to stay that will allow our dog an APBT. I am having trouble finding the animal laws, could I get some help? Would there be any places to wheel around there, what are some things we should see that may not be on the net? Thanks. This is where we may stay http://www.auntbug.com/ In the Bear splash cabin. Lots of people going.

Lucas

2. Nov 2, 2009 at 8:02 AM
    SNWMN209

SNWMN209 "Welp...see ya in the shit.."

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner, 3" Top Gun lift, Flux Capasitor
    3" Top Gunz lift Indash DVD Blacked out headlights K&N Intake Exhaust
    Hey buddy! I live in Maryville about 45min from PF. There arent really any great secrets up there... Gatlinburg has the aquarium so if you are taking your young ones then you should hit that up. This time a year it will prob be pretty busy because of the leaves changing, but you'll still have fun.

As far as trails go, i cant really help ya there.. im sure there are some, but i couldnt tell ya where to find them.. anyway, good luck finding some and have a great trip.

3. Nov 2, 2009 at 8:16 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Let me let you in on a local secret: If you want to avoid the congested, touristy hellhole of Pigeon Forge, I'd recommend Big South Fork instead. There's quite a few offroading trails up there, its just as scenic as the Smokys, and when we went up there you'd hardly see anyone.

The pros are:
    A: Less expensive
    B: Modern camp sites
    C: A LOT LESS people

The Cons:
    A: Not really many hotels. You'd probably have to camp.
    B: Remote. It is around 1.5 hours from any major city. None of the attractions that PF has
    C: Not a lot of places to eat.

Pigeon Forge has Dollywood, shops, resturaunts, and stuff like that. Plus its near the Smokeys. Amazingly, 95% of the visitors barely make it to the park and when they do, they stay in their cars. So you can usually go hiking and pretty quickly be away from people and get to see some awesome views. Personally, I found PF and Gatlinburg to be really trashy. It seems to be the favorite vacation place for people from Ohio and Florida. Its not at all what I'd call genuine. Its mostly a tourist trap. Then again, I lived there so my view is different. Its a good place for kids because there's lots to do for them. But as for me, I prefer Big South Fork because you don't have to deal with people.

Products Discussed in

To Top