Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Need some quick advice about verizon

Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
FFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really nice
Name: Dan
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
Need some quick advice about verizon

We currently use a Verizon 3G USB dongle for our home internet, as we live in the sticks with no cable to the house. The dongle we have is an ancient 3G unit that is about 5 years old, in dire need of an upgrade. We don't want to buy a new device through verizon because they rip you off. We have an Unlimited plan from the bygone days of a few years ago on it, and don't want to upgrade, because we will have to change plans.

My question is, do you think Verizon will let me upgrade to a new 4G unit I buy from somewhere else without upgrading my plan?

Any 4G modem you would recommend?

Someone else has to have a similar predicament.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
I would just call them and ask the same question. All they can say is no or yes and dosnt cost you a thing. I looked into them a few years back and i do not get enough signal at my house to use so i ended up with crappy Hughes net. It was either that or dial up
Old 06-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
FFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really nice
Name: Dan
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I just need to figure out how to root my smart phone so I can use it as a hotspot sometimes.

case in point, phone companies blow.