View Poll Results: Thoughts on the term "taco"
I hate the term "taco" 18 16.98%
I like using the term "taco" 40 37.74%
I'm indifferent 26 24.53%
Potato 22 20.75%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
The term "taco"

I personally hate this damn term. Is it really that hard to put the 'm' and 'a' at the end? When people are like "I wrecked my taco" or "my taco is SOOOO dirty", 1. It sounds like you need to be on a "different" type of forum, and 2. It makes you sound uneducated and stupid.

Thoughts?
These are just my 2 cents so don't take it personally

End rant....for now
Old 06-26-2012, 04:57 AM   #2
396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BMC  -  Retired USNR
396tears's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
I personally hate this damn term. Is it really that hard to put the 'm' and 'a' at the end? When people are like "I wrecked my taco" or "my taco is SOOOO dirty", 1. It sounds like you need to be on a "different" type of forum, and 2. It makes you sound uneducated and stupid.

Thoughts?

End rant....for now
if you do't like it

don't use it

duh
Old 06-26-2012, 04:58 AM   #3
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396tears View Post
if you do't like it

don't use it

duh
I don't, trust me. It's hard to avoid seeing it though because it's in every damn thread
Old 06-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
Is this a stupid poll thats already been done ad nauseam? Yes.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...term-taco.html
Old 06-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds0912 View Post
Is this a stupid poll thats already been done ad nauseam? Yes.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...term-taco.html

I was about to post this

sounds like you need to clean the sand out of your taco.

/thread
Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #6
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to jump in the Taco to get some tacos and hit my girl up about hittin' that taco!

I'm no detective, Dan, but if that's where your mind goes first that makes you a pervert in my book. Nothing wrong with that though!

I guess that's because I started on a "different" forum, CustomTacos.com.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:45 AM   #7
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam View Post
I'm going to jump in the Taco to get some tacos and hit my girl up about hittin' that taco!

I'm no detective, Dan, but if that's where your mind goes first that makes you a pervert in my book. Nothing wrong with that though!

I guess that's because I started on a "different" forum, CustomTacos.com.
Im gonna PM Bob about changing the name of the site to Tacoworld.com
Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #8
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
That's like the term "build". The only builds going on are long travel. That's building a truck. All the rest are add on parts. Threads need to be called " My add on's"
Old 06-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #9
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I personally hate this damn term. Is it really that hard to put the 'm' and 'a' at the end? When people are like "I wrecked my taco" or "my taco is SOOOO dirty", 1. It sounds like you need to be on a "different" type of forum, and 2. It makes you sound uneducated and stupid. (snip)
Shortening the name is part of the casual nature of our language, suggesting friendliness, familiarity, or fondness. It's similar to the thinking behind the use of Dan instead of Daniel, Bob instead of Robert, Mac instead of Macintosh, or how we give our loved ones cute pet names instead of using their actual names.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it, which is probably good since any one individual likely stands a snowball's chance in hell of changing it.

-
Old 06-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #10
Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!
04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
04taco2wd's Tacoma Gallery
LOL
Old 06-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #11
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I have embraced it, hence the Screen Name!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #12
Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!
04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
04taco2wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
I have embraced it, hence the Screen Name!
LOL that's what I was loling at
Old 06-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #13
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Mmmm I love TAKO

Makes for some good tako poke or smoked tako

Old 06-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #14
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
I was about to post this

sounds like you need to clean the sand out of your taco.

/thread

Well said.

Sometimes I say to my sister, "the crap us people in "first world countries" complain about!"
Old 06-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #15
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Im gonna PM Bob about changing the name of the site to Tacoworld.com

I had a friend on FB that kept giving me crap cause i always call my truck my "Taco", of course that didnt stop me, I LOVE MY TACO!!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #16
drubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Avionics Craftsman, 33 AMXS, 33 Fighter Wing
Name: Brad
drubacca117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thoughts?

End rant....for now
Sounds like you are misplacing your hatred for something else here... would it be because you are stuck in the asshole of the Earth, also known as Holloman AFB, New Mexico? If so I feel your pain, it was my first base, but it gets better!

As for "Taco"... It gets mildly annoying when people solely use that term, but it's just how the language works... Everyone in the world calls "soccer" "football", except Americans, but even that was a bastardization from the mid 1800's (and it's a word created in England, so don't let a Brit give you shit for saying soccer!)... Point being, the English language has been evolving and coining slang / nicknames forever. The ones that are good, stick.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
This thread just reminded me:

It's TACO Tuesday! @ Tijuana Flats!!!
Its taco tuesday at Fuzzy's taco's here! buy one get one