Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Photoshop

Old 06-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
tacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant future
tacoma4x4girl's Tacoma Gallery
Photoshop

Does anyone know the best place to buy Photoshop at a reasonable price? It may be the same price anywhere, but I thought I would check.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
ever try GIMP? it's free and almost as powerful as photoshop.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
tacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
No I sure haven't. Thanks! I will try it.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
gimp is a free download... it is a good photo editor, but the interface is kinda discombobulated... paintshop pro is another good photo editor, ...costs much less than photoshop..
Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
I can't figure GIMP out...
Old 06-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
can you elaborate?

it's a layers-based photo/image editing tool
Old 06-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
Quote:

Is there any certain things that GIMP won't do as compared to Photoshop?
Old 06-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
x2...it takes awile....watch some youtube videos.....after using photoshop, it sucks using gimp
Old 06-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #9
Is GIMP fairly easy to edit a pic if I want for example my truck in color and the background in B&W (what I call a splash effect or I've heard it called that)?
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma4x4girl View Post
Is GIMP fairly easy to edit a pic if I want for example my truck in color and the background in B&W (what I call a splash effect or I've heard it called that)?
yes gimp will do that easily.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
Quote:
yes gimp will do that easily.

Nice! Thanks a bunch! I might have to starting asking how to use it when I download it LOL!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is there any certain things that GIMP won't do as compared to Photoshop?
Quote:
You probably wont ever outgrow GIMP unless you a super professional graphic artist, TONs of How To's on youtube. You'll love it once you have basics down.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #13

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah, use the magic wand tool (i think that's what it's called in gimp, can't remember...), cut the selection, paste into new layer... then the original layer can be the background, which you can turn to grayscale... export to a web image format of your choice, which will merge the layers...
Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
You probably wont ever outgrow GIMP unless you a super professional graphic artist, TONs of How To's on youtube. You'll love it once you have basics down.
Nope not graphic artist here so that will be great! Thanks alot!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #15
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope not graphic artist here so that will be great! Thanks alot!
There are alot of plug ins you can download from their website for free too once you'r bored of the preloaded ones.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
There are alot of plug ins you can download from their website for free too once you'r bored of the preloaded ones.
I'm downloading it as we speak!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #17
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
good luck....its fun!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #18
I have it downloaded and tonight I'll see if I can figure it out :-)
Old 06-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
If you really want/need Photoshop.... Get online and search for previous versions of it. The previous versions are much cheaper.....

or if you are still in school (college included) you can get the educational version (full version at reduced price) for about 1/3 the cost.