Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What do you mow the yard with? (If you have a yard to mow)

View Poll Results: What kind do you mow with?
Zero Turn 13 11.40%
Riding Mower 43 37.72%
Push Mower 44 38.60%
Mow? Who does that? 14 12.28%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #41
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Used Craftsman I got from a guy up the street. Had to replace the carb. and blades, but it runs strong.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #43
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
all 2.5 acres with this
You must have forearms like Popeye! Haha
Old 06-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #44
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleeharris View Post
You must have forearms like Popeye! Haha
o yes, plenty of spinach
Old 06-29-2012, 06:48 AM   #45
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Craftsman ride on. I dont remember the model, but its 21hp, 46" deck. I like it.
Craftsman here also but with a 26HP Briggs & Stratton and a 48" deck...
Old 06-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #46
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
all 2.5 acres with this
Is your nickname Slingblade?
Old 06-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #47
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
push mower we got for free because it smokes like a freight train. Yard is only about 100'x100' so it works.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #48
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Toro Recycler 22-in variable speed with the Kohler engine.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #49
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Snapper rear engine rider. Mow for free too, just like Forrest Gump.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #50
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
just like Forrest Gump.
If I was going somewhere I was runnang
Old 06-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #52
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Once a week I use my Snapper Pro 36" Commercial walk behind. The other two times per week (Yes I mow my lawn 3 times a week, I have bermuda) I use my MTD 21" push mower.

I use the Snapper pro to mow 14 other lawns that I maintain as a side business.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #53
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Once a week I use my Snapper Pro 36" Commercial walk behind. The other two times per week (Yes I mow my lawn 3 times a week, I have bermuda) I use my MTD 21" push mower.

I use the Snapper pro to mow 14 other lawns that I maintain as a side business.
Note to self. Don't have bermuda grass.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #54
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Note to self. Don't have bermuda grass.
It can be mowed once a week. I only mow my customer's bermuda lawns once a week. However, if you want it mowed short and you want it very thick and green, it needs to be mowed 2-3 times a week during the summer time because it LOVES heat, humidity, and fertilizer. Add a little water to the equation and it grows like crazy. The green leafy portion of the plant is only about the top 1/2-1/3 of the plant. Cutting it once a week during the heavy growth periods tends to scalp it a little and leave it "stemmy" looking. It's a great turf for blocking out weeds. In the summer, it gets so dense that it naturally blocks weeds out.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
push mower we got for free because it smokes like a freight train. Yard is only about 100'x100' so it works.
Lol, Nice exhaust pipe. If it smokes that much, I think the rings are gone. How much oil does it consume?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #56
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Lol, Nice exhaust pipe. If it smokes that much, I think the rings are gone. How much oil does it consume?
Pro conduit stack, custom made by me lol

And I think it needs valve guide seals because it only smokes for the first 5 minutes of running then stops. I top it off every other time I mow, it doesn't take much.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #57
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Rear engine Snapper. Had it for 14 years now and have only replaced the clutch disc and done regular maintenance on it. Oh and just put a new blade on it this spring. I keep meaning to pick up a new belt for it, It's gonna break on me one of these days from the looks of it.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #58
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Please fire it up and take a pic.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #59
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRun View Post
Please fire it up and take a pic.
lol I would but it's at my mom's house and I no longer live there. I'll get a pic next time Im up there.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #60
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Red Snapper. Take from that what you will ...