Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What do you mow the yard with? (If you have a yard to mow)

View Poll Results: What kind do you mow with?
Zero Turn 13 11.40%
Riding Mower 43 37.72%
Push Mower 44 38.60%
Mow? Who does that? 14 12.28%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
What do you mow the yard with? (If you have a yard to mow)

Just curious what everyone chooses to mow their yard with. I have a Cub Cadet 50" Zero Turn and love it! Have had it for 4 years now.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Toro Self pace. Brilliant design.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Cub Cadet Model 1040..Had it a couple years now. I like it but, wish I would have paid extra and got hydrostat
Old 06-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
Zombie Hunter.
evanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
evanwile's Tacoma Gallery
Cattle and Horses.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex View Post
Massey Ferguson MF-1205 compact 4x4 diesel tractor w/ Woods 48" finish mower on the back
Now that is a mower!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanwile View Post
Cattle and Horses.
Why not just get some goats
Old 06-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Ransomes XM4801 commercial walk behind (48"). It is 15-20 years old and still cuts like a champ.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Cub Cadet ltx1042 riding lawnmower. I wish I had upgraded to the 45" deck and the Kawasaki Vtwin but the Kohler does the job. It is just really loud.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Snapper push mower--very nice. We have a big lawn but I have teenagers.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Bush hog PZ3061- Had it about 5 years now and would purchase another if I had to
Old 06-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #13
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I have a Cub Cadet ltx1042 riding lawnmower. I wish I had upgraded to the 45" deck and the Kawasaki Vtwin but the Kohler does the job. It is just really loud.
Nothing wrong with the Kohler that is what is on my zero turn
Old 06-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I have the 22HP Kawasaki V-Twin and to me it's loud, but runs smooth
Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #17
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Craftsman ride on. I dont remember the model, but its 21hp, 46" deck. I like it.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #18
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
I had a yardman 5.5 HP that I ran until the deck rusted out then I got a Torro Personal pace that had a blown motor ( 6.5 HP ) and I put the Briggs motor on the Torro deck and now I have a frankenmower. I also just got another torro personal pace with the tecumseh 6.5 motor that will not run, the carb is so messed up, but the motor is good. Those carbs are a POS, but for 50 bucks I can get it going again and have another 300 dollar self propelled as a back up. My girlfriends dad had a John Deer 6.5 Briggs (well over 400 bucks)that he couldn't get to work and offered it to us to try and get working because HER Torro wasn't running worth a crap, (I am thinking the Torro from home depot or Lowes are junk IMO), it turns out the dead man switch return spring was bad, so I fixed that and that darn thing with it's 6.5 Briggs will pull your arms off at full speed. I haven't bought a new mower in my life, I just fix what others throw away. But my and the girlfriends yard are just normal sized lots, but with now 3 mowers, her myself and her kid are done almot before we break a sweat.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #19
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I admit it. I have the Lowes version Cub Cadet LT1042. Can't complain. It's been getting beat for 7 years now, and still chopping fine.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #20
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
Yanmar YM1500D compact 4x4 diesel tractor with 48" John Deere mower on the rear. A bit older than that MF, but about the same size. Bought SWMBO a Lawn King mower for the area around the house. Guess who gets to use it...