Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Tacoma trade in value

Old 06-29-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma trade in value

So I tried to trade my 10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD sport double cab yesterday. Dealership offered me $20k! KBB value is $27 for a trade in, I showed it to the guy and left.

Anyone else not get fair value?
Old 06-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
What's the NADA value?
Old 06-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
What's the NADA value?
Where do yo u get NADA value?
Old 06-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, OP. Try a private sale. Dealerships will never give you what you are looking for in way of actual value. I hope it works out for you.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #5

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Just looked up NADA....Rough condidtion is 218 above what they offered. Good, which is mine, 276, more than what I originaly paid.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Where do yo u get NADA value?
nada.com

$27k sounds way too high to expect as a trade in value. That's probably about what they'll put for sale at once they get it from you.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
scionicboom is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
scionicboom's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried to get an online trade-in certificate from autotrader.com? It will tell you who honors the certificate in your area. I got a quote on my wife's RAV4 from there last year and the quote was actually $500 higher than KBB at the time surprisingly. I figured I would go into the dealership with the certificate and they would laugh at me. But they actually honored it after looking over the vehicle to ensure that everything I put online was accurate. Worth a shot, if the trade-in certificate is still low it would be a huge benefit to sell it yourself if that is an option.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
So I tried to trade my 10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD sport double cab yesterday. Dealership offered me $20k! KBB value is $27 for a trade in, I showed it to the guy and left.

Anyone else not get fair value?
I was offered the same by 2 Toyota dealers.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #9

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scionicboom View Post
Have you tried to get an online trade-in certificate from autotrader.com? It will tell you who honors the certificate in your area. I got a quote on my wife's RAV4 from there last year and the quote was actually $500 higher than KBB at the time surprisingly. I figured I would go into the dealership with the certificate and they would laugh at me. But they actually honored it after looking over the vehicle to ensure that everything I put online was accurate. Worth a shot, if the trade-in certificate is still low it would be a huge benefit to sell it yourself if that is an option.
Hmm I'll try that, It was just a last minute idea to trade the truck. I was hoping to get 25 but Ill just sell it myself privately.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #10
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think any dealers actually use NADA or KBB. From my experience these both greatly over-estimate the actual trade-in value. I believe that dealers actually use something that we common shmucks don't have access to.

I usually attempt to estimate my trade-in values by trying to use the lowest value from something like Edmunds or if I can find a wholesale value I use that. I don't think I've ever accessed any value-estimator that came close to what I had to negotiate to on a trade-in.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #11

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I've always heard that ppl get fair value for Tacoma's....guess not.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've always heard that ppl get fair value for Tacoma's....guess not.
They aren't called the stealership for nothing...
Old 06-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #13
scionicboom is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
scionicboom's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what your money situation is on your Tacoma, but if you are like I was when I had a loan still on my Mazda6 and wanted to get something new I was at the mercy or trading it in. However, here in Augusta I found a car consignment shop that took a straight $500 profit and sold the vehicle on their lot for me and took care of all the paperwork with the payoff and getting everything to the buyer. Even after his $500 cut I still made $4500 more than local dealerships offered me on trade-in. Most places don't have auto consignment shops, but it might be worth a couple minutes of internet searching to see if this is another option.