Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What is the stuffed animal hanging from the rear bumper?

Old 06-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What is the stuffed animal hanging from the rear bumper?

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=tuner...9,r:0,s:0,i:75

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=stuff...r:14,s:0,i:116

There are a few sick looking 240sx, 350z, wrx sti, supras, etc. I see around my town that have stuffed animals hanging from their rear bumper... What the heck?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's like how the bell is hung from a Harley. Keeps the trolls from making the bike crash.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
The first one his name is Domo.. Japanese character.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh well heck. The answer is right there in the article you posted. I was close!!

“It’s Thai belief that hanging a stuffed toy from your bumper or tow loop is like paying some sort of honor or last respect to the spirits of people who died on the roads as a result of car accidents… The understanding is that the spirit is amused by the object (stuffed animal or other) and therefore doesn’t cause mischief to drivers. Nice right?. Think of it as a sort of good luck charm. ” From Fuzzpaw.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
The first one his name is Domo.. Japanese character.
And you know this how?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Oh well heck. The answer is right there in the article you posted. I was close!!

“It’s Thai belief that hanging a stuffed toy from your bumper or tow loop is like paying some sort of honor or last respect to the spirits of people who died on the roads as a result of car accidents… The understanding is that the spirit is amused by the object (stuffed animal or other) and therefore doesn’t cause mischief to drivers. Nice right?. Think of it as a sort of good luck charm. ” From Fuzzpaw.
All the cool kids doing this?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I have a panda hanging from my rear axle:
Old 06-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #9

Domo is an angry fried tofu. He's Japanese.

Edible version of Domo:

Old 06-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
was planning to hang a cop toy but i changed my mind..
Old 06-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
I have a panda hanging from my rear axle:
Nice! I was thinking about getting one of the angry birds and hanging it from my rear bumper, but I thought it was a car thing...
Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #12
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
And you know this how?
I'm HUGE into anime. Have tons of DOMO stuff at my house.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #13

Quote:
I'm HUGE into anime. Have tons of DOMO stuff at my house.
What kind of anime do you like?

EDIT: Are you turning Japanese?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #14
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Had a skeleton "doll" hanging from my recovery point. He got ripped off while I was playing, gotta replace him.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #15
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
well whatdayaknow.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What kind of anime do you like?

EDIT: Are you turning Japanese?
No I'm not turning Japanese. I've been watching Japanese anime since I was bout 6-7 years old.

I watch pretty much all the anime I can find. I have over 1tb stored on my PC and at least 300 dvd's.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #17

Quote:
No I'm not turning Japanese. I've been watching Japanese anime since I was bout 6-7 years old.

I watch pretty much all the anime I can find. I have over 1tb stored on my PC and at least 300 dvd's.
The only anime I watched as a kid was Zoids, Dragon's Ball Z, and Pokemon. lol
Old 06-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The only anime I watched as a kid was Zoids, Dragon's Ball Z, and Pokemon. lol
Which none of that is really good anime. Zoids is american as well if I'm thinking the CGI show.

Start with a classic. Akira. If you like it, move on.. IF not, don't bother with Anime.

Cowboy Bebop is good to start with, as well as Trigun.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Which none of that is really good anime. Zoids is american as well if I'm thinking the CGI show.

Start with a classic. Akira. If you like it, move on.. IF not, don't bother with Anime.

Cowboy Bebop is good to start with, as well as Trigun.
I don't even know what the heck you are talking about... LOL

The last Japanese anime movies I saw was Totora or whatever its called...
Old 06-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #20
Conceal Carry
slodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant future

Name: Steven
slodc4's Tacoma Gallery
i was watching a street racing documentary on discovery and they said that if you hang something on your tow hook you are down to street race