Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Smartphone Backup App

Old 06-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
tacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant future
tacoma4x4girl's Tacoma Gallery
Smartphone Backup App

I need some input on a couple of things..

First..what is the best program/android app to storage my pictures? I have so many pictures on my phone, but it's filling my memory card up. I want something to where if I'm home on the laptop I can get to those pics or if I'm on my smartphone I can pull it up that way and show/send it to someone, but it's not taking up so much of my memory card space.

Second thing, I want to store some music basically the same way.. I'm guessing Amazon MP3 or Google Music unless there is a better one? I have some music that I've had for awhile and I think someone downloaded it and I got it on a cd too, in that case is it legal to have that stored on a site where I didn't buy it?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Dropbox is pretty good, I've used it for a while. Otherwise I would just put most of the pics on your laptop and then just keep a few recent ones on you phone.

I'm not sure about your music though, I BELIEVE you can save music on Dropbox
Old 06-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Titanium Backup! I think you may need root access for this tho. Backed up everything including apps.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
Titanium Backup! I think you may need root access for this tho. Backed up everything including apps.
You do. I used it and it was very good. I only used it for apps though
Old 06-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
tacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant futuretacoma4x4girl has a brilliant future
Quote:
Not to sound dumb but what do you mean root access?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
Dropbox is pretty good, I've used it for a while. Otherwise I would just put most of the pics on your laptop and then just keep a few recent ones on you phone.

I'm not sure about your music though, I BELIEVE you can save music on Dropbox

Thanks! I have heard of it, but wasn't sure how good it was.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma4x4girl View Post
Root is basically the same as jailbreaking for an iPhone. You get complete access to all root files and directories.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
Tortoise*

Quote:
Root your phone. I'm sure you have heard of Jailbreaking iPods/iPhones, its the same thing but for Android. It lets you install custom ROMs(operating Systems) and let you have more control over your phone overall.
Quote:
Thanks! I have heard of it, but wasn't sure how good it was.
No problem, I definitely recommend it!

EDIT: I was beat to it
Old 06-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #9
Thank You! You guys are so smart and helpful!!! And quick to answer Thanks a bunch
Old 06-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #10

IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank You! You guys are so smart and helpful!!! And quick to answer Thanks a bunch
No problem!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Quote:
Root your phone. I'm sure you have heard of Jailbreaking iPods/iPhones, its the same thing but for Android. It lets you install custom ROMs(operating Systems) and let you have more control over your phone overall.

No problem, I definitely recommend it!

EDIT: I was beat to it

I honestly don't think I have heard of that before.. I guess I'm behind times or it was because I wasn't on here all the time
Old 06-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
Tortoise*

Quote:
No problem Any more questions about Dropbox(although its SUPER easy to use) or rooting, just ask!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #13

IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No problem Any more questions about Dropbox(although its SUPER easy to use) or rooting, just ask!
This^^^^
Old 06-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #14
Tortoise*

Quote:
I honestly don't think I have heard of that before.. I guess I'm behind times or it was because I wasn't on here all the time

Its ok, it is very technical process
Old 06-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #15
Quote:

Thanks! If I try this rooting I'll probably need help! I got my smartphone this past Nov/Dec and now I don't know how I made it all this time without it.. I mean really.. I've learned alot about it, but I guess I'm still learning

Maybe being on here I can keep up with things.. LOL!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #16

IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks! If I try this rooting I'll probably need help! I got my smartphone this past Nov/Dec and now I don't know how I made it all this time without it.. I mean really.. I've learned alot about it, but I guess I'm still learning

What phone do you have?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #17
Tortoise*

Quote:

lol, check out androidcentral.com, everything you need to know is there under the forum part.

I would not recommend rooting unless you know exactly what you are doing, and that you are willing to take the risks and consequences. Not trying to change your mind or anything, but you have to know what you are doing and what you want.

Rooting can be a very big thing.

The root world is a whole different world, and its pretty cool
Old 06-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #18
Quote:
This^^^^
Thanks!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #19
Quote:
What phone do you have?
Milestone X
Old 06-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #20
Quote:
lol, check out androidcentral.com, everything you need to know is there under the forum part.

I would not recommend rooting unless you know exactly what you are doing, and that you are willing to take the risks and consequences. Not trying to change your mind or anything, but you have to know what you are doing and what you want.
Ok then I need to stay away from it. what happens if I do something wrong??