Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Oh great

Old 01-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Oh great

Well I ordered my spare tire and wheel on the 30th of Dec, knew it would take a few days to get here.
4WheelParts, states 1-2 business days, so I can wait right. Well did some calling today just to see the status, called 7 times through out the day, well their computers are down.
So I went online to check the status punched in my numbers and they shipped me 4 wheels and 4 tires. So I got to looking, on the confermation I received by e-mail it states just one of each. But the web sight states 4 of each
So I call, there is nothing they can do, since now the store is closed, so at looking at my paperwork and what they have on the computer, I see the tires are WRONG, they are BFG MT T/A 's but I ordered the KM not the KM2.
They told me that BFG changed the number but I am getting the right tire.
I said but the tires are different, look at the tread I said, well I can't they stated we can't see your order.

So who knows what I am going to get, this is why I am starting to hate ordering anything off this computer. Easy yes, but a royal pain in the butt. Now I have to go through tomorrow and try to find some sort of back up plan is this doesn't pan out the way I want it to.
Yea, I know the cup half full, half empty sort of deal......lets see if I look on the bad side maybe everything will turn out OK, but then if they screwed it all up you bet I am gonna get some kind of better deal out of all of it.

Oh yea, forgot to add this, in the comment section when you place and order I wrote....
"All's I ask is to get the order right. I am a first time customer. Depending on how things go, will decide if I come back"......with the look of things now....NOT

rant over
Old 01-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks and is rediculous, if you get the wrong tire you need to call them back and complain and demand the right tire be shipped. Hopefully they shipped the right stuff.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure why folks still order from 4WP. All I've heard are horror stories from them on various Toyota boards. Hopefully you'll get this all worked out in the end though.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
4wheelparts has a not so good rep. hopefully you get what you ordered
Old 01-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
if you like longbow i can ck on Monday to see if its
discontinued part no#
i can tell you this bfg are going to and are discontinuing a lot of
part no# and yes most of the time the tires will be different
Old 01-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hope ya tie their tail in a knot 'bow then get 'em walkin the line....the screw up should be good for a nice discount for sure! Especially if you have to mess with shipping 3 wheels and tires back..
Old 01-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

longbow's Tacoma Gallery
I just did some looking at other places for the tire I want, BFG MT T/A KM
the places I called have them in stock, pisser is the shipping. The prices here are out of this world, one was $275.
I even check my off road mags, they have them, but again shipping.
I don't know how this is going to pan out, may push so hard I may be coming home with just a wheel, and that will of been half price.

"me like to bump heads"
Old 01-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
I just did some looking at other places for the tire I want, BFG MT T/A KM
the places I called have them in stock, pisser is the shipping. The prices here are out of this world, one was $275.
I even check my off road mags, they have them, but again shipping.
I don't know how this is going to pan out, may push so hard I may be coming home with just a wheel, and that will of been half price.

"me like to bump heads"
Alllllright(kicks rock) I'll give ya back yer old set of factory wheels and I'll take those blasted miracle gro fed things on all four corners of your truck off yer hands..... Then you won't need to change yer spare...hehe
Old 01-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

longbow what size are the tires did you try tirerack?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #12

214.00 pl ship from tirerack hope this helps
Old 01-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #13
Tire rack actually saved me $100 dollars on a local purchase. They wanted $600 locally for my studded snows, then I printed off the Tirerack price($500) with install and studs, took it in and acted(without saying) that it was another local deal and they did some fancy fake calling and knocked $100 dollars off the price. This was also my third set of tires from them this year.

Could you do that with a local tire shop? If not 'bow, send me the details of what you want, with the tire rack prices, and I can go to my dealer and see if they can order and price match the same tire, if ya want.....I use Frank Andersons in Columbus....they can get most anything...
Old 01-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #15

boy if you guys where in jersey we be dealing tires all day
Old 01-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #16

Discount tire is a good place to deal with
we work with a lot
Old 01-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #17
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered my wheels from 4wheelparts. No problems.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #18
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
thats sucks bow .....
Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #19

longbow's Tacoma Gallery
PISSED....now somewhat happy

Well got on the phone to find out what the deal is with the tire and wheel, well come to find out they did order the wrong tires. The main location told me they were at the store, store stated they were not.
Well in a looooong talk on the phone I come to find out that they ALL are back ordered 4 to 6 weeks needless to say I "dropped" the order.

Got on the BFG web site, and did a tire search for the area, not a single place carries the tire, some even said NO WAY since the KM2 was out.
Well I had to try.....right.

Got on Tirerack's web page, found the tire and called, boy I am impressed, nice people who really wanted the business. Yes they had the tire in my size, and most likely I would get it tomorrow , now that's shipping.

Next time will ask here first, "live and learn" and now since I made that comment........where can I locate a MotoMetal 955 16x8, 6 5.5 at a good price?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:48 AM   #20

happy it all worked out