1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oh great

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by longbow, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Jan 3, 2009 at 4:52 PM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Well I ordered my spare tire and wheel on the 30th of Dec, knew it would take a few days to get here.
    4WheelParts, states 1-2 business days, so I can wait right. Well did some calling today just to see the status, called 7 times through out the day, well their computers are down.
    So I went online to check the status punched in my numbers and :eek: they shipped me 4 wheels and 4 tires. So I got to looking, on the confermation I received by e-mail it states just one of each. But the web sight states 4 of each :confused:
    So I call, there is nothing they can do, since now the store is closed, so at looking at my paperwork and what they have on the computer, I see the tires are WRONG, they are BFG MT T/A 's but I ordered the KM not the KM2.
    They told me that BFG changed the number but I am getting the right tire.
    I said but the tires are different, look at the tread I said, well I can't they stated we can't see your order.

So who knows what I am going to get, this is why I am starting to hate ordering anything off this computer. Easy yes, but a royal pain in the butt. Now I have to go through tomorrow and try to find some sort of back up plan is this doesn't pan out the way I want it to.
    Yea, I know the cup half full, half empty sort of deal......lets see if I look on the bad side maybe everything will turn out OK, but then if they screwed it all up you bet I am gonna get some kind of better deal out of all of it.

Oh yea, forgot to add this, in the comment section when you place and order I wrote....
    "All's I ask is to get the order right. I am a first time customer. Depending on how things go, will decide if I come back"......with the look of things now....NOT

rant over

2. Jan 3, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    That sucks and is rediculous, if you get the wrong tire you need to call them back and complain and demand the right tire be shipped. Hopefully they shipped the right stuff.

3. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:04 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    I'm not sure why folks still order from 4WP. All I've heard are horror stories from them on various Toyota boards. Hopefully you'll get this all worked out in the end though.

4. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    4wheelparts has a not so good rep. hopefully you get what you ordered

5. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    if you like longbow i can ck on Monday to see if its
    discontinued part no#
    i can tell you this bfg are going to and are discontinuing a lot of
    part no# and yes most of the time the tires will be different :D

6. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:16 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hope ya tie their tail in a knot 'bow then get 'em walkin the line....the screw up should be good for a nice discount for sure! Especially if you have to mess with shipping 3 wheels and tires back..:eek:

7. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I just did some looking at other places for the tire I want, BFG MT T/A KM
    the places I called have them in stock, pisser is the shipping. The prices here are out of this world, one was $275.
    I even check my off road mags, they have them, but again shipping.
    I don't know how this is going to pan out, may push so hard I may be coming home with just a wheel, and that will of been half price.

"me like to bump heads:frusty:"

8. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    Alllllright(kicks rock) I'll give ya back yer old set of factory wheels and I'll take those blasted miracle gro fed things on all four corners of your truck off yer hands.....:devil: Then you won't need to change yer spare...hehe

9. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Good luck they screwed me.

10. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    longbow what size are the tires did you try tirerack?

11. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    The tire are 285/75-16's
    Man I called so many people, only my phone knows who all I called.

hoosier.....nah,,,like your set up. Some things just don't go the way they should.

luk......great :rolleyes:, thanks for telling me. :)

12. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    214.00 pl ship from tirerack hope this helps:D

13. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    Tire rack actually saved me $100 dollars on a local purchase. They wanted $600 locally for my studded snows, then I printed off the Tirerack price($500) with install and studs, took it in and acted(without saying) that it was another local deal and they did some fancy fake calling and knocked $100 dollars off the price. This was also my third set of tires from them this year.:rolleyes:

Could you do that with a local tire shop? If not 'bow, send me the details of what you want, with the tire rack prices, and I can go to my dealer and see if they can order and price match the same tire, if ya want.....I use Frank Andersons in Columbus....they can get most anything...

14. Jan 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Gonna see how things pan out first thing Monday morning. If it doesn't I will give Tirerack a shout and see what they can do.
    Just burns me up a little, kind of knew it was to good to be true.

15. Jan 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    boy if you guys where in jersey we be dealing tires all day

16. Jan 3, 2009 at 6:06 PM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    Discount tire is a good place to deal with
    we work with a lot

17. Jan 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I ordered my wheels from 4wheelparts. No problems.

18. Jan 5, 2009 at 6:42 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Well got on the phone to find out what the deal is with the tire and wheel, well come to find out they did order the wrong tires. The main location told me they were at the store, store stated they were not.
    Well in a looooong talk on the phone I come to find out that they ALL are back ordered 4 to 6 weeks :eek: needless to say I "dropped" the order.

Got on the BFG web site, and did a tire search for the area, not a single place carries the tire, some even said NO WAY since the KM2 was out.
    Well I had to try.....right.:rolleyes:

Got on Tirerack's web page, found the tire and called, boy I am impressed, nice people who really wanted the business. Yes they had the tire in my size, and most likely I would get it tomorrow :eek:, now that's shipping.

Next time will ask here first, "live and learn" and now since I made that comment........where can I locate a MotoMetal 955 16x8, 6 5.5 at a good price?

19. Jan 5, 2009 at 6:48 AM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    happy it all worked out

20. Jan 5, 2009 at 6:54 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Cant help with the whell, buddy, but Im glad you dropped the order from 4WP.

Products Discussed in

To Top