1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cant effin win

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacoDawgfan, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Jul 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Ok so I'm driving home in my step daughters car turn into our sub division. I did notice a truck behind me, way behind me before I turned. I get almost all the way up to my road and I look in the rear view and this truck is almost right on my a$$. This is a half mile straight away down a hill and back up another. They ran me down like I was sitting still! They run up on me just as I reached my turn so they had to slow to the speed limit. Granted I didn't use my turn signal as I was so in shock of how fast they were going being in a sub division. So they start leaning toward the window as to start sh*t with me as they pass by, wtf? Because I didn't signal? They had to and appeared to be doing 70+ and had to be to run me down that fast. So I start thinking what is their problem with me? They went on straight into the back of the sub. So I pull in my driveway and stop and the end as it is in view from the main road to stay in view as to say here I am if you have a problem, but I have a big problem with them driving that fast in my sub. They never did come back so they must be visiting or live in the sd. So my wife who was following a few minutes behind and asks what I'm doing, so I tell her thinking she'll get mad about someone driving that fast. Wrong! She gets mad at me and tells me I need to get into the house. WTF? I know I'm not a bad ass or anything but I'm not standing for someone driving like that in my sd so if they come back looking for me I'm gonna tell them what I think. My wife acts like I'm the road raged lunatic and says I'm gonna get myself killed. I mean would you not do the same? I just can't believe she didn't have my back on this. And to add to it, for those that know me, yes I have an 18 year old step daughter and have a baby due next month. So I can't believe she didn't get upset at the idea of someone driving that fast where our son will be playing in a few years. Also want to mention that several of my neighbors are all outside getting ready to shoot fireworks so I figured they would have my back once they knew how fast these effers were going. My wife got all pissy saying I'd get hurt, then proceeded to say it was probably just some young punks. So that just pissed me even more. Some young punks are going to come onto my own property and kick my ass? I'll be damned! But that's way beyond where I was going, I just wanted to mouth off about their speed. I don't think I did any wrong here but she always wants me to back down over any road rage incidents. I've been pretty good about that but this was over the top for me. So I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't because I'm not standing for some crap like this in my own sub division. Was I out of line? And btw, part of the reason for not signaling also was the fact that I never thought they'd get that close to me and nobody else was around. I mean how many actually use a signal in sub divisions unless someone is right behind?

End rant.

2. Jul 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
  3. Jul 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Hit enter a few times

4. Jul 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    BMOC

BMOC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paden
    Phoenix, AZ
    my head hurts

5. Jul 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Your wife is a silly goose, Id have done the same.

6. Jul 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Was in rant mode. :eek::p

7. Jul 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    amocat 777

amocat 777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Doublecab
    Im with you brother. I hate to see people racing through my neighborhood. Nobody thinks these days.Saying your sorry after you kill someones kid is too late. Save the fast driving for the freeways.That guy needs a little baseball bat adjustment....if you get my drift. Everytime i get on the freeway in southern Ca i feel like i am driving in a nascar race.

8. Jul 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    amocat 777

amocat 777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Doublecab
    Easier said than done.after 20 years even i know my place:D

9. Jul 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    Saskquatch11

Saskquatch11 TRUCK YEAH

Member:
    maybe they wouldn't have been right on your ass if you had signaled.
    not condoning the actions of the dumbass that was speeding, but it's pretty easy to use a turn signal.

10. Jul 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    When that kind of stuff happens I usually take the wrong street before I head to my house just so they don't know where I live.

11. Jul 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    I would have let him hot me in the ass end and got me a new Bruteforce Bumper out of the deal. lol

12. Jul 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    +1 if someone is driving erratically behind you or appears to be following you, drive the opposite direction of your home and go somewhere public. Never go home. Gives them a reason to come back later.

As far as doing the right/wrong thing... if your a single guy who doesn't give a $**t then do what you want, but if you have a family then being a tough guy should be a last thing on your mind. As much as it makes you mad you gotta let things go. If they risk you and your families safety, its just not worth it. My .02 though

13. Jul 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Yep.

OP stated he's not a bad ass. Even if he IS a bad ass, who's to say he's more bad ass than the guy in the truck? Who's to say there isn't more than one of them? Are they on drugs? Armed? Crazy? Could be.

I'm single and have noone to worry about other than me. I have taken a long loop home on many occasions to make sure certain assholes don't know where I live.

IMHO, in OP's situation, the right choice would be to drive somewhere other than home, call the cops, let them handle it. Confront them and if you're lucky, there will be a yelling match. If you're not lucky, someone's getting hurt or killed. There is a decent chance of you winding up in jail or in the hospital. Not much use to your family in either situation.

14. Jul 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Right, I'd be pissed too.

But, what are you going to do about it? Do you really think, other then letting you vent, you will get any satisfaction? Do you really think they will slow down? Do you think maybe they might just do shit now to piss you off even more? Do you think maybe when you're not home and they know where you live they might even come back if you had had confronted them?

I'm just raising the point and pretty sure I would feel and maybe have done the same thing as you but, when my head cools off I always wonder some of the above....

15. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    ...if you've got a tail, ...try not to turn into your street or driveway... also, the best defense is avoiding the confrontation...

16. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    LOL!

17. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    OP: I used to be like you (although I never drove to my house until I was sure they weren't anywhere in sight) ...onetime I followed someone to their house ready for whatever happens, All over them cutting me off followed by the middle finger. It's just not worth it, OP. think of the LONG term consequences. Say u confront joe schmoe and it gets physical-they hurt or kill you and now your soon to be has no dad..wife no husband-u get the picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIM24w9Muyo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Products Discussed in

To Top