Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Online dating

Old 07-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #101
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my $.02 worth:

I have used online dating for the past 6 months. I have met some women who were great ladies, but we just weren't compatible, and I have met some that were just not right at all. The advantage is you can talk to them online for a while to see if they have anything in common. THEN you can actually plan a date. I met one woman that we had a really good relationship and enjoyed each others company, but eventually it just didn't work out. Look at the age we are in....electronic devices, text messaging, etc.... Not many people go out to bars and clubs any more to meet people anymore. Besides, with online dating you can find out things about the other person before you even go out together! When you meet someone in a bar or a club, do you know ANYTHING about them? No. At least online you can look at pictures to see if you find them attractive (just like you would in a club) and read a little about them to see if you might be interested. Now before the haters come out and say "well they can lie in a profile"...yes, that is true, but they can lie to your face just as easily in a club. I find that internet dating opens you up to a lot more people. And no, they are not all fat, ugly, or desperate. They have busy lives, just like the rest of us. Hell I don't have TIME to go to clubs or bars to meet women! I have met some GORGEOUS women online. I say go for it, just be careful and be safe. If you are interested in it, you can try the more expensive ones like Match and EHarmony, or you can try the free ones like I have, POF.com (plenty of fish is what it stands for) as well as OKCupid.com, which are both free.
GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #102
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
I've had two first gen Tacomas, a 2nd gen Tundra, and now a 1st gen 4Runner. The Dodge is to tow the 4Runner with.
Then when need be, the 4Runner can tow the Dodge.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #103
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Oh dang. Late to the partay.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #104
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
I will answer the original question lol as debating oreos there is no debate double stuff is the only answer. :} The original question yes I have done it met a beautiful woman through match, we had 4 great years together before she passed Dec 2011. I did go back out and turn on my profile again a month ago or so with out much luck so far. However, as everyone who has actually answered the question has said becareful and talk a bit before hand saves time and energy and these days as sad as it is to say money. Yes many of the women lie probably equal to or more then men do though you can weed out the gold diggers and such a little better online then you can in a bar.

Cypher
Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #105
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Then when need be, the 4Runner can tow the Dodge.
No, I have access to another Dodge to tow my Dodge when the transmission implodes.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #106
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Oh dang. Late to the partay.
You can never be late to the party! Come on in and grab a drink!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #107
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I did the online dating thing and met my current wife (been married about 2 1/2 years now).

I used Okcupid.com. It has a couple nice features I liked and it's free.

They have a ton of moral opinion questions (e.g. euthanasia, marijuana use, etc). The more you answer, the closer your match will be. I would answer them in my spare time. Got up to 1000 answers. The question is framed in both how you would answer it and how you prefer your date answer it (there were questions I didn't care about so I could put no preference for my match's response).

So when you get a match that seems like the perfect one for you but the rating gives a high negative, they have what's called a WTF report. You request it and the other person agrees to send it. Then it gives you a breakdown of where you differ. For example, I met one girl who showed interest but she had a high negative for me. The issue turned out to be drug use (she used marijuana). That's a no-no in my current job, so it was a non-starter for me. Obviously the more questions they answer the better results you'll see.

They also have a random match generator. You rate them from 1-5 stars on both appearance and profile. If you give a 4-star or better, they'll send the one you rated a random set of matches along with your picture/profile. If she also rates you 4-star or higher, it'll let both of you know. That's actually how I met my wife.

There weren't as many profiles available as there were in Match but I liked it better.