Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Need Help!!!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Need Help!!!

I have this old flat screen tv that Im trying to mount on my wall...but the base of the tv is very challenging to get off and i can't figure it out.....

The base is held on by 6 screws.. 2 really easy to remove and 4 that are very had to get to...i can't get a screw driver in there at all.... so does anyone have any idea how i could get those screws out at all?

they are all phillips head Btw...

this has been frustrating the hell out of me all day...you guys are my last option lol before i just break the damn base off
Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
get a chevy tool

Old 07-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
I thought this was gonna be an emergency!

A stubby Phillips?
lol sorry about that...this has just been getting to me all day.... but no, not even a stubby phillips head screwdriver will fit in there....i literally have an inch to an inch and a half of room
Old 07-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
lol sorry about that...this has just been getting to me all day.... but no, not even a stubby phillips head screwdriver will fit in there....i literally have an inch to an inch and a half of room
Looks like your gonna have to make a tool. Possibly cutdown a Philips and square off the cut end and use a wrench?
Old 07-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Careful.
Double check your instructions.

Those bases are normally held on by 4-8 screws that all go in through the back.
The screws on the bottom are not normally a part of the base attachment.

But... if they DO have to come off, don't overlook:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...b&fr=yfp-t-701

Attached Thumbnails
Need Help!!!-31rurhixysl.jpg  
Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
go to the hardware store and get an offset phillips head screwdriver
Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Usually there is a small snap that you push-in to release the base.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #9

well this tv is really old, and it wasn't made to be mounted because it was made like in 02 lol...but the base does come off, but the consumer isn't supposed to take it off...i got a universal mount and it works...i just can't get this SOB of a base off lol
Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
well this tv is really old, and it wasn't made to be mounted because it was made like in 02 lol...but the base does come off, but the consumer isn't supposed to take it off...i got a universal mount and it works...i just can't get this SOB of a base off lol
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help!!!-dewalt-heavyduty-reciprocating-saw-kit.jpg  
Old 07-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
lol, you have no idea how close i am to doing that