Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

I really think it should be illegal to do anything in an automobile except drive...

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I really think it should be illegal to do anything in an automobile except drive...

Texting...

Conversing on the cell phone...

Fiddling with the radio...

Applying makeup...

Combing hair...

Cleaning the windshield...

Eating...

Reading...

Doing crossword puzzles...

Etc...

should have one lose their privledge to drive on public roads.

Please just drive the damn car...and we can all get to where we are going safely.

Thank you.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I don't need another mommy in the state capitol, I already have a mommy and a wife that are more that capable of telling me what's good for me.

I should be free to engage in any of those activities while driving if I can do so and drive in a safe manner.
If I am involved in an accident while involved in any of those activities, I should be given a ticket for unsafe operation of a motor vehicle.

Simple as that.
There are people on this planet who are incapable of walking and texting... I see them walk into street lights every day.
The problem is not the device, the problem is the idiot operating it.

It is ALREADY illegal in California to text or use a cell phone while driving.
Guess what... turn and look at the car in the next lane... Yup... texting.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Not another one of these threads

IBTL

Old 07-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I don't need another mommy in the state capitol, I already have a mommy and a wife that are more that capable of telling me what's good for me.

I should be free to engage in any of those activities while driving if I can do so and drive in a safe manner.
If I am involved in an accident while involved in any of those activities, I should be given a ticket for unsafe operation of a motor vehicle.

Simple as that.
There are people on this planet who are incapable of walking and texting... I see them walk into street lights every day.
The problem is not the device, the problem is the idiot operating it.

It is ALREADY illegal in California to text or use a cell phone while driving.
Guess what... turn and look at the car in the next lane... Yup... texting.

Very well put...

Old 07-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
That just takes all the fun out of it.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
ibtl

Old 07-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
give it 13 minutes. ibtl

Old 07-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #8
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
I've received numerous blowjobs while driving. Is that wrong?

Old 07-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #11
M202Flash is on a distinguished road

M202Flash's Tacoma Gallery
from Rich91710, "I should be given a ticket for unsafe operation of a motor vehicle"....

a ticket and shovel to clean up the ped / bicyclist you just ran over.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #12
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by M202Flash View Post
from Rich91710, "I should be given a ticket for unsafe operation of a motor vehicle"....

a ticket and shovel to clean up the ped / bicyclist you just ran over.
Well that will teach them to stay out of the way

Old 07-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
oh..and to the OP. you can make whatever laws you want...wont change much.

its too hard to enforce unless you have a cop on every corner.

just like seatbelts. (granted these only effect the operator) its still the same concept. its a law to wear them..and people still dont. so why the hell are they gunna stop using their phone if that becomes a law as well?

Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #16
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
In San Fran I watched a woman in a M3 knit as she drove
I've seen people reading books or had a newspaper spread across the steering wheel while in moderate traffic.

The other day I saw a police officer texting or playing with himself,lol! He had his face looking into his lap & never looked up as I passed on the left. In Georgia it is against the law to text & drive. I heard the fed was going to make it illegal to text & drive everywhere. If you absolutely have to text & drive, use the microphone feature on the text or call them & talk. I was rear ended @ a traffic light last year, the guy was texting. I had passed him a few miles back & noticed him texting. The cop at the scene tried to blame it on the sun in his eyes. The sun wasn't up high enough for that to be a good reason. He never asked the driver how it happened.

The texting laws won't work. There isn't anyway to enforce them.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #17
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
This thread didn't go the way the OP intended. There's still hope for this country!

Old 07-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
Drive it like a 4WD

Seat belt and helmet laws....Who the hell are you to tell me how "safe" i need to be. Not wearing a helmet or a seat belt does not put anyone in harms way except the one that chooses to wear one or not. Pointless government intrusion.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a girl driving down the 91 fwy eating a bowl of cereal. Bowl in one hand, spoon in the other. Idk how she did it.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #20
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
I saw a girl driving down the 91 fwy eating a bowl of cereal. Bowl in one hand, spoon in the other. Idk how she did it.
i drive with my knees quite frequently.

Closed Thread