Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

My fiance's sister is being stalked/harrased by a potentially violent kid

Old 07-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
My fiance's sister is being stalked/harrased by a potentially violent kid

He is a 19 year old dropout college student who has been stalking her sister for at least a year now. He has wrote obscenities on her facebook, showed up to their house multiple times, subtly threatened her, came to their house and egged her cars, recently over 4th of july week he came by and smashed their mailbox, bashed the windows of one of their cars and slashed their trampoline with a knife. He recently posted on facebook that he was going to kill himself so he is very unstable. I am planning on staying at their house with my gun until this blows over. I am also going to put up a trail cam on their tree for evidence. He was jailed for a while and was released yesterday. I am worried he will come over again and try to hurt someone. The sister has a restraining order against him but I doubt that would stop him. If he shows up on the property is it fair game for me to do as I please to him legally? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Im in MN by the way.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
If he does try to get in tho.....well, have someone call 911, and stay inside....if he gets in, all rules go out the window and your ass is covered I would think.
as long as you dont shoot him in the back, then you may have some problems
Old 07-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
If he does try to get in tho.....well, have someone call 911, and stay inside....if he gets in, all rules go out the window and your ass is covered I would think.
What if he comes on the property since she has a restraining order? Im trying to cover my ass here but at the same time I feel the need to stay over there with a gun and crowbar until it blows over.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
NO, DO NOT DO ANYTHING STUPID.

I understand you want to protect your family, but have you heard of the cases where a robber hits a house, slips in the house, hurts himself, then sues and wins?

You have too much to loose. Don't stoop to his level. Good idea for you to be there, but if he shows, call the cops.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #6

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
how about some good ol vigilante justice and just serve him a good ol can of whoop ass?
I wish I could do this but I am not in a situation where I can have assault on my record. Plus he is a very large and muscular black kid.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
What is her father doing about this? Why isn't the police told about the recent restraining order violations?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i think you're best to take a defensive posture inside, and if he shows up call the police and get back in defensive position (safe room, w/ cell phone, weapon, etc), ...wait for police...
Old 07-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
you should start stalking him
Old 07-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #11
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
What if he comes on the property since she has a restraining order? Im trying to cover my ass here but at the same time I feel the need to stay over there with a gun and crowbar until it blows over.
If he breaks the restraining order.. call the police and wait. What is the order, like 100 yards or so? Whether or not he comes onto your property, don't do anything rash. Stay inside and chill, and wait.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in MN the law is duty to retreat correct? And property in MN does not cover front and back yards. I remember there being a bill that expanded self-defense rights, but I'm sure it was vetoed.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #13
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
get some mace, that'll turn him into a cry baby real quick, i wouldn't shoot him though unless yalls lives were in imminent danger
Old 07-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
If he breaks the restraining order.. call the police and wait. What is the order, like 100 yards or so? Whether or not he comes onto your property, don't do anything rash. Stay inside and chill, and wait.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in MN the law is duty to retreat correct? And property in MN does not cover front and back yards. I remember there being a bill that expanded self-defense rights, but I'm sure it was vetoed.
See, this is where it's nice to have bigggg doggies.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #15
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 130 lb rotty and two signs on my circle driveway. the signs state, large attack dog and enter at own risk. you might want to get a sign as a bluff, keep him guessing aways. but i would let the law do its job outside of the house. if your life is at stake inside, thats legal to protect yourself in michigan. each state is different.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Shootem.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #17
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh178 View Post
i have a 130 lb rotty and two signs on my circle driveway. the signs state, large attack dog and enter at own risk. you might want to get a sign as a bluff, keep him guessing aways. but i would let the law do its job outside of the house. if your life is at stake inside, thats legal to protect yourself in michigan. each state is different.
Minnesota.. agreed. It also doesn't hurt for her to carry mace with the blue ink that stays on an attackers face.. that way if he approaches her to "talk" or anything and she feels threatened, she can spray him.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
huckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nice
huckfin's Tacoma Gallery
whatever you end up doing, make sure you're defending someone or yourself... and know that your forum posts fall in the realm of premeditated violence and can be used against you in court. just saying...
Old 07-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #19
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Shooting him would be the absolute last resort. If someones life is truly in danger. As said before, if he shows up at the house and enters, restrain him and call the cops. If possible. Mace also helps a lot
Old 07-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfin View Post
whatever you end up doing, make sure you're defending someone or yourself... and know that your forum posts fall in the realm of premeditated violence and can be used against you in court. just saying...

Cool. We got us a lawyer here.

...although I didn't think him saying that he will have a gun in the house as protection would be considered "premeditated violence". I mean, isn't that your right, to protect your family and home? The right to bear arms? I must have missed the part where he said he was going to chase after him and gun him down.