LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Tail of The Dragon

Old 07-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Tail of The Dragon

Rode it this past weekend. Stayed in my parents rental cabins, and man was it FUN! Here are some pics from the Dragon. Trying to decide which one or two to buy. . .

Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

All your gear all the time! Get yourself a proper riding jacket!

Otherwise, looks like a pretty fun ride
Old 07-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
it was closed due to a landslide when i was down there a couple years ago....

i got to ride near it tho lol
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

All your gear all the time! Get yourself a proper riding jacket!

Otherwise, looks like a pretty fun ride

Yeah Yeah. . . I had my leather jacket in the cabin, but it was too damn hot. Road rash, smoad smash. Been there done that. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
it was closed due to a landslide when i was down there a couple years ago....

i got to ride near it tho lol
It's a fun ride, but don't be too disappointed, all the roads up there are fun. The Cherohala Skyway is my favorite.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
raserx is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
raserx's Tacoma Gallery
Email killboy and he will make you a good deal on the lot (at least he's done that for me in the past).
Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
Yeah Yeah. . . I had my leather jacket in the cabin, but it was too damn hot. Road rash, smoad smash. Been there done that. lol
Oh hell no, I wouldn't wear my leather jacket in the dead of summer! I found a mesh Joe Rocket jacket that has reinforced slide pads down the spine, shoulders and elbows. It cost me about $125 and it was the best investment I've made for summer riding! Living down south where you have a longer riding season, it'd be a good investment.

Oh, decent gloves also. Natural instinct is to put your hands down when you fall so it's easy to tear them up. I picked up a cheap set from Bike Bandit that breathe really well and are nice and comfy.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
fun! i have been on it once in my truck! should have told me would have come out that way. i live about 45min to 1h from the TN end. may go out this weekend with gopro on the truck.

would love a little car to take on it. had to stay in 2nd and 3rd in my truck.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=MxRacer190;5372257]Yeah Yeah. . . I had my leather jacket in the cabin, but it was too damn hot. Road rash, smoad smash. Been there done that. lol

Safety first, sweat doesnt hurt, however sliding 30 or 40 yards on pavement will leave a mark.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=toughtaco;5372305]
Quote:

Safety first, sweat doesnt hurt, however sliding 30 or 40 yards on pavement will leave a mark.
eh. most time guys go off the road. donít stay on the road long.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Oh hell no, I wouldn't wear my leather jacket in the dead of summer! I found a mesh Joe Rocket jacket that has reinforced slide pads down the spine, shoulders and elbows. It cost me about $125 and it was the best investment I've made for summer riding! Living down south where you have a longer riding season, it'd be a good investment.

Oh, decent gloves also. Natural instinct is to put your hands down when you fall so it's easy to tear them up. I picked up a cheap set from Bike Bandit that breathe really well and are nice and comfy.
Yeah, I know. Road rash only hurts for a few weeks though :P

my last fight with the asphalt
Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Damn... If you didn't learn your lesson from that, I'm wasting my breathe!

Still very jealous, I want to ride that run sometime before I settle down and get a cruiser.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
I made it down there a couple of times when I had my Buell. It was great fun, but there were several serious accidents during my last week there. Damn if people don't ride like idiots when they are there- hard to have sympathy for a biker who hurts/kills themselves riding a public road like it's Laguna Seca. BTW, I like the third pic- great lean angle shot w/o the other bike in the frame.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #15
spins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
spins615's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn... If you didn't learn your lesson from that, I'm wasting my breathe!

Still very jealous, I want to ride that run sometime before I settle down and get a cruiser.
Anytime you want to set up a trip a guy i work with just went down there in may. said it was the best time. I want to go really bad...there just arent enough twisties up here that i know of kancamagus i hear is good..im gonna take a trip up someday.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #16
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Looks like a fun place to ride. But.....

Too damn hot? I ride with leather jacket (black), full faced helmet(black) leather gloves (black), plus jeans and boots on my Sportbike (bike is black) in Az when its 115 outside. There is no excuse to ride without gear.

And the do make awesome summer gear too.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #17

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Looks like a fun place to ride. But.....

Too damn hot? I ride with leather jacket (black), full faced helmet(black) leather gloves (black), plus jeans and boots on my Sportbike (bike is black) in Az when its 115 outside. There is no excuse to ride without gear.

And the do make awesome summer gear too.
Damn, you're a glutten for punishment! Ride with a reinforced mesh summer jacket and you'll never go back to leathers. It was one of the best investments I've made.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #18
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I have mesh gear and I use it sometimes. I really don't find it to be that bad heat wise and I use the mesh if I'm going out for long rides when its over 110 outside.

I work only 5 miles from home so I just wear my leather gear since its better protection then the mesh.

I just get a bit annoyed when people use the heat as an excuse to not wear gear. Gives sportbike riders a bad rep.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #19
dtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Danny
dtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have mesh gear and I use it sometimes. I really don't find it to be that bad heat wise and I use the mesh if I'm going out for long rides when its over 110 outside.

I work only 5 miles from home so I just wear my leather gear since its better protection then the mesh.

I just get a bit annoyed when people use the heat as an excuse to not wear gear. Gives sportbike riders a bad rep.
Looks like a fun road, I'd love to trailer or road trip the bike out there some time.

I always wear my gear, regardless of the weather. I've been down once too, and if I wasn't wearing my gear, I would have had a shattered knee instead of a bruised leg. You can't predict stupid drivers and even at slow speeds it still hurts.

The OP has already been down once and he didn't learn his lesson, he'll be a statistic sooner then later.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #20

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtaco06 View Post
Looks like a fun road, I'd love to trailer or road trip the bike out there some time.

I always wear my gear, regardless of the weather. I've been down once too, and if I wasn't wearing my gear, I would have had a shattered knee instead of a bruised leg. You can't predict stupid drivers and even at slow speeds it still hurts.

The OP has already been down once and he didn't learn his lesson, he'll be a statistic sooner then later.
Everyone is a statistic. My friend hit a deer, just as I did, only a few months after me. He had a mesh Icon Jacket, jeans, and coveralls on (it was winter time). He snapped his collar bone in half. He was out of work for 3 months. Shit happens.