Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Friday the 13th! Bad day to lift?!

Old 07-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
bjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bradley
bjhn83's Tacoma Gallery
Friday the 13th! Bad day to lift?!

So I was reading up on some great Friday the 13th superstition on Wikipedia (cause the internet is always right) and found a line that stated Friday the 13th is a bad day to begin new projects!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th
So much for my plans to put on my lift tonight!
Any other good Friday the 13th/ general superstitions?
Old 07-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It's a good day medically, or so I'm told.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Well it's Friday the 13th, and I'm at my parents lake house at Crystal Lake!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
The only reason it's a bad idea to start anything on Friday the 13th (hell any Friday for that matter) is because that is when weekenditis starts to set in. Consequently, this also initiates "I don't give a f*ck" (AKA IDGAF) disease. Now, it is a common fact the IDGAF disease is proportional to weekenditis by a factor of 3. Weekenditis also becomes progressively worse as time approaches 5 PM, thus causing IDGAF disease to reach critical stages. However, the cure for these conditions is 5:01 PM...when the weekend officially starts. The time may vary for some folks. (It's actaully 4 and 4:01 PM for myself). So to be safe, don't start anything on a Friday unless it is 5:01 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Well it's Friday the 13th, and I'm at my parents lake house at Crystal Lake!
Let's see how many get the reference lol .

Cypher
Old 07-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
The only reason it's a bad idea to start anything on Friday the 13th (hell any Friday for that matter) is because that is when weekenditis starts to set in. Consequently, this also initiates "I don't give a f*ck" (AKA IDGAF) disease. Now, it is a common fact the IDGAF disease is proportional to weekenditis by a factor of 3. Weekenditis also becomes progressively worse as time approaches 5 PM, thus causing IDGAF disease to reach critical stages. However, the cure for these conditions is 5:01 PM...when the weekend officially starts. The time may vary for some folks. (It's actaully 4 and 4:01 PM for myself). So to be safe, don't start anything on a Friday unless it is 5:01 PM.
exactly what i was thinking
Old 07-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #7
bjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bradley
bjhn83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Valid point but I plan on starting tonight and finishing tomorrow. Ample doses of alcohol and BBQ shall be administered and possibly some gigged frogs!
Until the "official" weeked I will probably develop a special type of IDGAF disorder commonly known as SW2FIG (See What Two Fuggs I Give) that will lead me to the end of my work day.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhn83 View Post
Valid point but I plan on starting tonight and finishing tomorrow. Ample doses of alcohol and BBQ shall be administered and possibly some gigged frogs!
Until the "official" weeked I will probably develop a special type of IDGAF disorder commonly known as SW2FIG (See What Two Fuggs I Give) that will lead me to the end of my work day.
I normally develop SW2FIG on Thursday.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #9
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Read my mind!