Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

best way to get rid of ants

Old 07-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #21
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Get ya one of these.

They also get into cracks and crevices.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #22
WVHellbilly is on a distinguished road

WVHellbilly's Tacoma Gallery
Use the terro, but make sure it is the outdoor bait stations. When you use terro inside it just attracts more ants. Feed them outside and they don't come in.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #24
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I use Andro and it works great. It smells like rotten eggs though. What I do is I buy the big yard back size and I circle the entire house as close as I can get to the walls. I do it several times over a week and I swear it has worked better than any exterminator or any other product I have tried (and I tried at least 6-7 of them) and it's cheap too. Normally it lasts months, sometimes years but then I just redo it and it 'poof' ants are gone. If yours are nesting under your house or in the walls, you may have to shoot some of the powder right near the nest for it to work though. Good luck!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #25
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippen View Post
G-VEGAS BABY!!!!! Ok dude I'm a hour south of you I kno your pain I feel it bruddah. My apt and last trailor had BAD ants, the trailerpark FYI is a calling to all ants FREE FOOD FREE SEX FREE DRINKS to sum it up. My trailor I rented I had to remove all pinestraw from roof, they build houses in there, and they got there from the pine tree that had sagging limbs on the roof, cut them off. Next I cut the, wait no I scalped the shit outta the grass next to the trailer and tried to remove everything down to dirt almost, then sprayed the shit outta it with this big red container that has a spray handle on it (I forgot the brand its a red anti-freeze shaped plastic container for ants and such), spray all around the house, then make sure your windows are tight, most ants come through windows or openings in the floor. That helped them ALOT for the trailer, and ofcourse keeping foods and dirty dishes washed helps alot too. For my apartment I used the Liquid Terro stuff in small bottle, I just put a drop of the syrup like consistency "liquid" around the windows and the trails they used, even in my cabinets, all over since I don't have any kids and stuff now or pets. I've also heard about the chalk too, like for around your garbage can or something, hey I watched this guy make a all natural method from a type of fungi (mushrooms), its awesome his name is Ted Stamets he is a mycologist (mushroom genius). Let me link his video and a picture and a quote since its really neato.

http://www.ted.com/talks/paul_stamet...the_world.html

Yes thats a mushroom sprouting out of the ants head

um... lol.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #26
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
okay I have a huge ant problem and its driving me insane... (snip)
Instead of chemical warfare (bug spray, etc), resort to aromatic warfare. Ants use scent for most activities (identifying others in the colony, locating food, etc). Use that against them.

Trace the ants back to their nest (ant hill) and use a metal rod to stir up the nest a bit (go down at least a foot). The warrior ants will immediately begin to swarm, spreading progressively out from the nest to find the attacker. Of course, you obviously want to stay just outside that area.

Once there's a large number of warriors on the surface (and before they've spread out too far), spray them with a good dose of Lysol spray or similar (I've even used underarm deodorant). This will sting the warriors (sending them into fight mode) and mask the odor used to ID the other ants.

At that point, the warriors will fight and kill every single ant in the colony (different odor), including the queen (laying eggs) and each other. The very few remaining warriors will eventually die from either injuries or starvation (no workers supplying food).

I've used this tactic many times, easily clearing entire yards (multiple ant hills) of ants. It works with all types of ants (fire ants, etc). The yard will remain ant free until another queen finds her way into the yard and starts a new colony.

Disclaimer: There are obvious risks to this tactic - which is likely why there's no product using this method in stores. Swarming warrior ants can cause painful injuries. Watch your feet carefully, spraying the nest and then fleeing the area before the ants get to you. You might want to try this on smaller nests first, followed by larger nests as you gian experience.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #28
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
okie's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #29
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I use borax & mix it w/ hot water & sugar/honey.
Boiled water disolves the mix helping to put in a spray bottle.
A cup of sugar to 8 tablespoons of borax.
You can also make traps by making a thicker mixture put it on cotton balls placed in a jam jar.
Screw the lid back on the jar & puncture some holes w/ a little bit of sprinkled sugar.
I also use bread w/ the mixture on an old plate.
Be careful of kids and animals who might think it is ok to eat it.
It works and is cheap.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #30
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
update i dont live at home sunday- friday any more, i come home friday night saturday and leave sunday mornings so there is no food or adequite water supply in the house, got home today and the little effers have raided the fridge! what the hell? i have poison out and dead ants all over my floor and counter and in the fridge but the live ones are still swarming anything left out a few minutes....
Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #31
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
update i dont live at home sunday- friday any more, i come home friday night saturday and leave sunday mornings so there is no food or adequite water supply in the house, got home today and the little effers have raided the fridge! what the hell? i have poison out and dead ants all over my floor and counter and in the fridge but the live ones are still swarming anything left out a few minutes....
Sounds like its time to burn your whole house down. That sucks!!!