Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Mass shooting in Colorado theater....

Old 07-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
okie's Tacoma Gallery
Mass shooting in Colorado theater....

14 dead, 50 wounded.

Tragic
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-colorado?lite
Old 07-20-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Wtf?!?! Prayers go out BIG TIME
Old 07-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #3
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Oh wow....
Old 07-20-2012, 03:16 AM   #4
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
goddamn... People are fucking crazy that is really sad... This country has really gone to shit, Im surprised there wasnt anyone in the theater with there CCW, if i was in there you bet i would have returned fire and shot that son of a bitch.

My prayers go out to all the families of the victims of this tragedy Another Colorado memory that nobody wanted. Colorado is going to shit.

What posesses someone to kill so relentlessly and so... unmercifully... Like goddamn man that guy must have been really screwed up, I bet you a million dollars this guy has priors out the ass and the cops just never punished him like he should have been. I bet you!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
okie's Tacoma Gallery
Reports an baby girl was shot/killed?

A little baby, geezus!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #6
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
I still to this day can not seem to understand how people can be so fucked up.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:26 AM   #7
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
goddamn... People are fucking crazy that is really sad... This country has really gone to shit, Im surprised there wasnt anyone in the theater with there CCW, if i was in there you bet i would have returned fire and shot that son of a bitch.

My prayers go out to all the families of the victims of this tragedy Another Colorado memory that nobody wanted. Colorado is going to shit.

What posesses someone to kill so relentlessly and so... unmercifully... Like goddamn man that guy must have been really screwed up, I bet you a million dollars this guy has priors out the ass and the cops just never punished him like he should have been. I bet you!
There were tons of people there confused, scared for their lives, running around. Tear gas was thrown. The last thing someone should be doing is trying to fire at someone in a crowd.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:34 AM   #8
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
There were tons of people there confused, scared for their lives, running around. Tear gas was thrown. The last thing someone should be doing is trying to fire at someone in a crowd.
Someone with there CCW should be trained enough to only take the shot that he knows will be placed exactly where he wants it, I would never draw my weapon if i knew i was going to hit something other then the target. I'm sure there were a lot of chances to take a shot at this guy. Its all a matter of how trained someone is with there weapon and with many other skills needed to attempt such a thing.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #9
Never take the bait

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Someone with there CCW should be trained enough to only take the shot that he knows will be placed exactly where he wants it, I would never draw my weapon if i knew i was going to hit something other then the target. I'm sure there were a lot of chances to take a shot at this guy. Its all a matter of how trained someone is with there weapon and with many other skills needed to attempt such a thing.
I cannot believe you are serious. Police officers who are much, much more trained than an average CCW holder miss plenty of shots in situations that don't have hundreds of people running around screaming. There was smoke, the man was wearing body armor. No one is going to get close enough to this guy inside the theater to take a shot without risking the lives of others. Not to mention that pulling your gun would cause more hysteria, making people think there was another shooter, confusing information that people calling 911 are giving, then police wrong descriptions of the shooter. I can"t believe you even have a CCW and wrote what you just did.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:48 AM   #10
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
just took an active shooter training course wednesday, wow. no matter how much you train for something like this you dont know til you know.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 AM   #11
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Woke up to this on the news this morning. It's sad that day now everyone has to be concerned about simply going to the movie theater for a fun event like an early screening.

Toycoma92 - while a heroine act such as you suggest may have stopped the shooter even with all CCW training in the world that would be a foolish move with gas involved and a sold out theater. Hell why would you even be bringing your weapon to a mid night showing of a movie with a lot of kids involved? Just in anticipation of something like this? Not a good idea.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #12
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Reports an baby girl was shot/killed?

A little baby, geezus!
Hmm haven't seen that yet and I would question why you have an infant at a mid night showing at a theater? Nevertheless sad if true.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #14
Never take the bait

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Hmm haven't seen that yet and I would question why you have an infant at a mid night showing at a theater? Nevertheless sad if true.
There was a report of one of the youngest in the hospital being 6 years old.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 AM   #16
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Ah I see. I was thinking infant. Regardless that is horrible.

Gunman isn't talking so it is going to be a while,if ever, we find out what was going through his mind.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 AM   #17
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not belittling the event, but why would you bring a 6 year old to a violent movie at midnight anyways..
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 AM   #18
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It only would have taken 1 person to resolve this. In a theater full of 100+ people and not one trys to resolve the situation. Theres three types of people in this world: sheep, wolves and shepards. Everyone in this case was a sheep that got taken down by one wolf. WTF...........

And the guy that would only take a clear shot on a perfect day with the right temperature and what ever else, I understand your point but a response is better than none at all. A poor shooter that couldn't hit anything may have caused this subject to turn and run. To each their own but I'm a Sheapard. No situation will ever be as you picture it. Deal with it or stay a sheep.