Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Colorado Shooting Copycat

Old 07-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado Shooting Copycat

So as some of you already know I work security, and one of my companies' contracts is a major movie theater. We had 12,000 guests Thursday night and its been busy non-stop. Keep in mind we have about 8-12 armed officers on duty throughout the day, even before the the incident on Thursday.

Now the crazy part, yesterday afternoon, a male walks up to the box office (I was not working, been out on disability) and after buying his ticket, makes the comment "I have a gun in my trunk and I'm going to shoot up the theater..." then proceeds to walk off. For whatever reason beyond me, the person working did not feel the need to report this to security, nor call 911. Instead, she approaches the male subject on her own and asks him to leave the theater immediately. Subject said he was just kidding, but left anyways.

Curious what people think besides the fact that this guy is a complete idiot. That's like walking into an airport and telling TSA you have a bomb... :what:

If you were the employee, would you have done the same, or reported it? If you work security and knew you had several other armed officers with you and heard about this, how would you have proceeded? And for LEOs, how would your department respond if they received a 911 call reporting this. Curious to know if people think its just a joking matter or something serious now.

Discuss
Old 07-23-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Shoot first ask questions later. Someone tells me they plan to use a gun you better believe mine would be unholatered in a heartbeat.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok maybe not shoot first...but I'd have definitely drawn.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Off topic a bit but, what firm you with?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #5
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Tackle him and give him the meanest fucking wedgie ever.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #6
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Ok maybe not shoot first...but I'd have definitely drawn.

this is more along the lines I was thinking... glad you rephrased your original response, I predicted that getting very messy on a forum that is extremely judgmental lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Off topic a bit but, what firm you with?
For several reasons, i dont typically share that info publically, but if you have specific questions, feel free to PM me
:thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Tackle him and give him the meanest fucking wedgie ever.
This made me lol... then I thought to myself "hoping that was not serious"
Old 07-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #8
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Thread title made me say "Oh s**t "
X2

good topic but as with most threads on Tacomaworld dealing with "hot topic" issues i foresee this one being closed

Personally i would detain the individual and proceed from there, theres nothing funny about joking about killing people .

IBTL
Old 07-23-2012, 02:37 AM   #9
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
That's absolutely fucked. I'd have been on with 911 immediately. Joke or no joke, that guy deserved to be roughed up by some cops, had his car taken apart, and had his name put on record.

I don't carry or own guns, for the simple fact that I would have shot that guy and never been able to sleep again.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:44 AM   #10
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Shoot first ask questions later. Someone tells me they plan to use a gun you better believe mine would be unholatered in a heartbeat.
Wow...not sure how "unholatering" would help things... ...I would have "UNHOLSTERED" mine and put numb-nutz on the ground.... ;-)
Old 07-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #12
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
X2

good topic but as with most threads on Tacomaworld dealing with "hot topic" issues i foresee this one being closed

Personally i would detain the individual and proceed from there, theres nothing funny about joking about killing people .

IBTL
imagine the bro hoes detaining that individual would get you? especially at a movie theater... in so cal. on top of your bro police car, and the bro sunglasses you would prob be wearing. you MIGHT get more bro hoes than I with the dubs on my bro truck... and future bro rat rod..
Old 07-23-2012, 03:25 AM   #13
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta watch out for those fucking bro hoes
Old 07-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #14
Purveyor of Fun

Unholatering is when you un-hole someone, but not immediately. Make em wait for it.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
Purveyor of Fun

On a side note, I have no idea what un-holing would be, but it sounds terrible and for some reason my phone prefers to type that over un-HOLSTERING.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
what in the fucking hell did that little dipshit hope to accomplish?
My thoughts exactly. He should have spent the night in jail and had his car and house searched just for being such an idiot
Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
That employee is a fucking idiot first off... not a chance in hell I would follow him after that exchange of words. I would definitely have locked everything down and had his ass hauled off to jail.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #18
Thin Blue Line

Even if the employee "could just tell he was kidding" or "had a feeling" it is still beyond me why you would let someone get away with saying something like that. Laughter and a smile doesn't always mean it was a joke, could have very easily meant "I'm a crazy nut job and I'm serious"

I wish I was there just to make this guy miserable. As security, employee, or even just a guest wouldn't make a difference to me. If I was there when he said that all hell would have broke loose. People these days