LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Furniture made in America

Old 07-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Furniture made in America

Does anyone know of furniture that is made in the USA? We bought a dining room table and chairs from a reputable company who said there furniture is custom made. I asked them where the furniture is made. Of course it is in China..I foolishly believed them when they said their QC was very strict..Well, 3 tables later I told them to come and get their crap out of my house and give me my money back..It was terrible.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Amish furniture. I buy a lot from places in PA, very very well made in the united states by hand.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSeven View Post
Amish furniture. I buy a lot from places in PA, very very well made in the united states by hand.
X2 on this, it will last you a lifetime. Sometimes pricey, but well worth it.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
X2 on this, it will last you a lifetime. Sometimes pricey, but well worth it.

x3!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
There use to be a ton of furniture craftsman companies in Vermont.

Sweat-Commings, Ethan Allen, & Tubbs furniture comes to mind.

Now not so much but a few still offer high quality furniture.

Here is one

http://www.vermontfurnituredesign.com/

Also the Vermont woodworking association has a great brochure of all the craft companies registered from them. Quality USA Made furniture ftw.

PDF LINK companies
Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Hickory NC would be much closer to VA--LOTS of FURNITURE made there--THE GOOD STUFF==REAL SOLID WOOD-many manufacturers there. google link to places>>>
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...w=1112&bih=478
Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased a couch and L.seat-- Heavy duty stuff. My PARENTS purchased Many household furniture items 40 YEARS ago--and they are still in use.
You get what you pay for. Cheap stuff costs MORE in the long run-you need to replace it faster.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
Room & Board sells a large selection of USA made furniture (couches, dressers, bookshelves, tables, etc.). It is $$ though, but very nice, high quality stuff. They have a few outlets around the country that sell very discounted.

Most of their stuff is more on the modern side. The Amish stuff is probably the way to go for more "old fashioned" looking stuff.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
chewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
chewingonabone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
Hickory NC would be much closer to VA--LOTS of FURNITURE made there--THE GOOD STUFF==REAL SOLID WOOD-many manufacturers there. google link to places>>>
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...w=1112&bih=478

x2!! All my furniture lately has come from Hickory, but then again, I'm only an hour and so away..
Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Room & Board sells a large selection of USA made furniture (couches, dressers, bookshelves, tables, etc.). It is $$ though, but very nice, high quality stuff. They have a few outlets around the country that sell very discounted.

Most of their stuff is more on the modern side. The Amish stuff is probably the way to go for more "old fashioned" looking stuff.
Believe it or not they do make entertainment furniture. I have a stereo rack from them that I have my HTPC, Xbox, reciever, etc in there with a glass front (And wiring channels in the shelving!).

Was about 300 dollars and cannot be touched in terms of quality solid wood used to make it. Typically 300 dollars is what you'd pay for a fiberboard Ikea pile of shit. The Amish guy even helped me load it into my truck. Good folks to deal with.

While they do make very traditional style tables and chairs, they also make modern entertainment centers and other "modern" furniture (Not ikea laminate crap though). They pay mortgages too, and they try to cater to many folks to make a living.

I got all my stuff from this place: http://peacefulvalleyfurniture.com/
Old 07-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
I purchased a couch and L.seat-- Heavy duty stuff. My PARENTS purchased Many household furniture items 40 YEARS ago--and they are still in use.
You get what you pay for. Cheap stuff costs MORE in the long run-you need to replace it faster.

Thats why we was so surprised with the quality of the table we bought..wasn't cheap at least as far as money is concerned but cheaply made.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Thats why we was so surprised with the quality of the table we bought..wasn't cheap at least as far as money is concerned but cheaply made.
I have a kitchen table like that. I bought it a local furniture store and liked it because it had a tile inlay in the center of the table. So far, it's been a good table. It's incredibly heavy, but still the wood isn't as high quality as what the Amish put together. It was 1200 with 6 chairs. The leaf in the center folds into the table and it's counter height, both features we were looking for. 6 months, haven't had any complaints other then my wife accidentally got some nail polish remover on the stained wood and it left a mark. But... honestly with 4 kids I can't expect it to last forever so I try not to stress out over it.