1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I know this will be funny one day...... but not right now!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by fasn8dave, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    fasn8dave

fasn8dave [OP] Hey guys watch THIS!

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
    Okay,
    So in an effort to cut even more cost, our company installed motion sensing switches instead of light switches in all of the bathrooms. Whatever. You open the door and the lights come on. Hoo-Ray.

Well, I went in to "drop the kids off at the pool" and to catch up on some reading, LOL

I was just about done when *click* the lights went out and I couldn't see my hand in front of my face, much less anything else.

I throw my magazine out to the front of the bathroom hoping it would trigger it. Nope.

I then realized that I can use my Blackberry Storm as a flashlight so I reach for my holster but the belt clip (which was down by my ankle) would not let go. I unhooked it and had it by the belt clip when I suddenly felt something hit my lap and then heard a "ker-plunk" and my holster was suddenly light in weight.

DAMNIT! So I just stand up, pants still partially down and I open the stall door and start trying to dance around to get the light to click on. I get closer and closer to the small strip of light I see under the door to no avail.

Suddenly, a coworker barges in and *click* - there I was doing my dance.

Yeah, real cool.

I just got back from the Verizon store. Gotta love that insurance. They told me to "just keep the phone" whch I had dropped into a poly bag LMAO

Just emailed maintenance and told them the problem. The office rumors will get back to me soon.... I was told the switches have an active radius of 24" - WTF

*sigh*

2. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    HAHAHAHAHA

thats hilarious...

sucks you had a shitty day but thats a funny story...

next time it happens...just hang out...take a nap...enjoy the quiet/dark :D

3. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:21 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Wow! Sorry, it's funny now.

Goddamn that sucks though. That's like my all time second worst nightmare right there.

Anything to do with wasps is first.

4. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    HAHAHAHA
    That sucks!

5. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    Walt Corbin

Walt Corbin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston SC
    Vehicle:
    05 Dble Cab SR5 4x4
    Revtech Lift w 285's
    HaHa.... That's classic!!! We just moved into a new office building this week and I noticed them on the wall. I better go check the bathroom just to be sure they are not installed.

6. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    stevigee

stevigee It's a MOD, MOD World

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevigee
    Amarillo Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRAIL TEAMS FJ CRUISER
    TRADED FOR 2010 FJ CRUISER TRAIL TEAM Kenwood KDC x792 deck and SW1 pwr sub,cruise,intermittent wipers,hidden hitch, tint, debadge,Nitto Grapplers 265/75-16,Black Powder Coated Toyota Steelies, black steel Toyota wheel center caps, Vent Visors, front guard, leather seat covers, black front badge, shortie antenna, tow hook, seat maglite mod, shock & leaf spring TSB, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, custom black Fabwright rock sliders 1 3/4" DOM tubing w/ kickout, skid plate, Pop-A-Lock, Bilsten 5100 shocks, BLHM, Azela black tail lights, LEER topper w/rack, tent
    Your right, that is funny! I can imagine the raz your going to soon get. Good Luck.

7. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
  8. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    tjgraner09

tjgraner09 South Carolina Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Conway, SC
    Vehicle:
    97 XtraCab
    Bilstiein 5100 w/ TRD Coils in the front, new fog lights, 2 12" isignia subs,
    now thats a good story to have hahahaha

9. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    HA we got them at my office, but I hate using public restrooms for number 2! So I try to avoid them ha!

10. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Hahahaha you are right, it will be funny one day, and today is that day!!! At least you had insurance on the phone.

11. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    That just made my day.

12. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    LMFAO That has to be one of the funniest "shit" i ever read online..... sorry it happened to you though....

13. Jan 7, 2009 at 12:46 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Now that is funny, but I will leave it at that..........:)

14. Jan 7, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    Hahahaha thats too funny....

:worthless:

15. Jan 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    have to agree with everyone else on this one! thats some funny shit!!!

16. Jan 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    man, of all the luck, that poor guy who walked into a dark shit stinking room, and then .....pow........the lights turn on and the poor guy sees a dude dancing in what was, a split second ago, a dark, shit stinking room!!! hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

seriously though, thank goodness for the phone insurance. Great laugh Dave, thanks i needed that.

17. Jan 7, 2009 at 12:53 PM
    fasn8dave

fasn8dave [OP] Hey guys watch THIS!

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
    Well I'm starting to chuckle a little now that I'm getting past the humiliation and anger.

Another one of my co-workers just stopped in front of my office window and "did my dance" LOL

Good news, at least now I have two wall chargers - they game me a replacement Blackberry that was brand new in the box...

Thanks for helping me make light of the situation. It's one of those things that you just want to keep silent about but what the hell, right?

LOL

18. Jan 7, 2009 at 12:59 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    Oh man that reminds me of a story my cousin told me happened to her. She's an office manager at some medical place. She always goes in early to start the coffee and get things ready.

She tells me she went in one day in a strapless dress. She opened the door, turned the lights on, and went into the bathroom. In her haste to get to the bathroom she forgot to disarm the alarm.

She's sitting in the stall and the alarm goes off. So she got up, took to running towards the front of the building to shut it off before it called the cops. She stepped on the bottom edge of her dress, pulling it down and sending her to the floor.

Got up and got to the front door just in time to see the company president come walking in. She's standing there with her dress around her ankles, boobs hanging out, and the alarm is going off, blank look on her face.

She says he was kind enough to not tell anyone. But for a while she swore people would snicker when she walked by their office....

19. Jan 7, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    That is WAY too funny to keep to yourself. This is the type of story that will become office folk-lore. I'll be telling it at my next department meeting when someone brings up the idea of motion-sensor lights, for sure.

Seriously... you will be known to many, if only by the name "bathroom dancer dude". you should recreate the event (censored of course) and post it on youtube for the rest of us. I want to know what the dance was so I can have my own private joke to laugh about in long meetings.

20. Jan 7, 2009 at 1:07 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    turn the dance into a viral internet sensation!

Products Discussed in

To Top