Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Best Refinancing Place?

Old 07-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
beeesmitty is on a distinguished road

beeesmitty's Tacoma Gallery
Go to this website and read. Lots of info there about how inquires work and good info on loans.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto...bd-p/autoloans
Old 07-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if you can refinance out of state but the interest rates at my local credit unions are pretty low, anywhere from 1.74% +
Old 07-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
Two questions.

Where is the best place to get refinancing (including online)?

Will turning in a bunch of different applications to many different institutions all at once hurt anything?
When looking for a plate to refinance, look at their stipulations on age and milage, I assume you are talking about your 2008 Tacoma; I had gotten my hopes up when I bought my used 2006, and not only was it too old to qualify for the great rates, it had too many miles, basically I got put in the highest bracket simply because of what I was buying, had nothing to do with me. My Credit Union was offering ~1.79% on new cars and used, old, high milage was offering a best rate of 3.99%. And I dont consider a 2006 old for a Toyota, nor do I consider 100k miles high for a Toyota, but the bank does, oh well, 3.99% is still pretty good for a 4yr loan. Also not sure this applies when refinancing, and I think the definition of a new car was "less than 3 years old" but it varies, and a 08' is more than 3 yrs old.

good luck
Old 07-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
RKTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Royce
RKTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Watch out filing a bunch of applications, every time someone checks your credit your score goes down a couple points. You don't want to lose 30 off your FICO score filing a bunch of online applications. I would check the rates at some local credit unions and/or talk to someone at a branch, they should be able to tell you what sort of rate you would get from them without actually filing an application as long as you know about what credit rating you have. Then you can file an application with the best one.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if you're talking about auto or home but I say check with your credit union. I've used mine several time. Lowest rates and no or low loan fees. They are usually very simple and quick too.