Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Any cigar fans out there?

Old 07-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #21
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
Very nice. How much was that humidor?
idk about that one. but price all depends on what size you want.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #22
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
idk about that one. but price all depends on what size you want.
Oh okay. Well I've been lookin at a few. I've heard that cedar lined is best. I'm lookin at a few that are around 80 bucks which I don't think is too bad
Old 07-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #23
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh okay. Well I've been lookin at a few. I've heard that cedar lined is best. I'm lookin at a few that are around 80 bucks which I don't think is too bad
yes cedar ones are very good. and no thats not bad at all. i need to get me one. also want a hookah.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #24
GM Convert
Brianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bryan
Brianstemm's Tacoma Gallery
1. Arturo Fuentes
2. La Flor Dominicana
3. Punch
4. La Aurora

All maduro, all the time..... in my opinion.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #25
TACO99 is on a distinguished road

Name: Caleb
TACO99's Tacoma Gallery
roll your own lol jk backwoods honey berrries are the best
Old 07-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #26
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
I really like a Dona Elba brand Verdadero. It's all an organic Nicaraguan. I actually knew the plantation owner before he died recently. I think the Verdadero's stayed in the top spot on cigar.com for a record number of weeks in a row. Maybe 16? I dont know what they run in the stores or where you find them, since we got them direct, but they should be affordable. No filler and a smooth flavor.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #27
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Do y'all prefer a heavier cigar? Or a mild? I prefer kinda middle of the road I guess that's what you would call it
Old 07-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #28
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I like Maduro Macanudo and Rocky Patel. Romeo and Juliet are pretty good too.
Www.cigarsinternational.com is where I go.
I am hooked on the new Romeo cigars by Romeo y Juliet...
Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #31
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Do y'all prefer a heavier cigar? Or a mild? I prefer kinda middle of the road I guess that's what you would call it
When you are talking about heavier....are you talking about size (length and ring guage) of the cigar or cigar types such as mild strength (Connecticut wrapper) or Maduros ???
Old 07-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
I "hear" that Cubans are good also.
When I travel to Mexico, especially Cozumel, the first thing I do is get the Cuban Romeo y Juliet cigars. With both Cuban Romeos and Cohibas, to me the tobacco has a smoother sweeter taste. You can defintely taste the difference between a Cuban rolled cigar compared to a cigar from the Dominican Republic or Nicaragua.

Last week I just finshed up some Cubans that one of my co-workers brought back for me from Grand Cayman. I savored each one but had to share with a few buddies of mine who have never had a Cuban.

Hopefully soon, trade sanctions between the US and Cuba will be lifted so Cuban cigars can be enjoyed freely in the states. If you really want Cuban cigars, check out this site :

http://store.canadiancigar.com/shop/index.html
Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #34
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I "hear" that Cubans are good also.
Cubans are good, no better than Dominican, just different. It depends what you like. It's like art. I have access to cubans but don't think the added expense is worth it. A $12 Montecristo or Ashton, in my opinion smokes as well as a $22 dollar cuban Romeo.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #35

Quote:
^Exactly.... there was a place I used to go to in Austin Tx that you could watch the guy hand roll each cigar...
If you are ever in the Tampa, Florida area and want some high quality hand rolled cigars, check out Ebor City.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #37
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I don't smoke them often, and I'm usually drinking a good islay malt with them, so I tend to go with a more flavorful and spicy smoke. I've settled on Hoyo de Monterrey, especially the Excalibur lines, as a good balance of taste while still being in the $6 to $8 level. If I'm really looking to splurge, or if my boss is in a sharing mood, I LOVE an Ashton VSG.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #39

Quote:
I have been there before around 15 years ago. Has that place changed? When I was there it was kind of rough.... thanks for the info though
It seemed to be a dirty family friendly kind of place.

The cigar stores that I was talking about are located along 7th Avenue. I think there were 7 or 8 of them....
Old 07-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #40
Goose
h.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zack
h.zack801's Tacoma Gallery
I smoke Padron every once in a while. Usually the 3000s